Date: 18.1.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 491
Toulouse.professay.info #Compare and contrast essay of two poems

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Compare and contrast essay of two poems

Compare and contrast essay of two poems

Oct/Wed/2017 | Uncategorized

Compare and contrast two poems Essay Sample | Bla Bla…

Compare and contrast essay of two poems

Write My Research Paper for Me -
Compare and contrast these two poems Essay Example for…

biography and Today is the day to begin your life story or your family member's story–without difficulty or delay. Just answer LifeBio’s proven questions. You can try LifeBio for free and then upgrade for Premium access. Write an autobiography or biography with ease. Unlock the power of natural storytelling and reminiscence therapy to promote wellbeing and engagement. LifeBio’s proven approach also assists people facing health challenges or memory loss.

LifeBio licenses our software to your organization and provides support from our Story Team. Wish you had your great-grandparents#39; life stories? Capture your own or loved ones#39; stories now. The next generation gains when they know the life stories from the past. What are your waiting for? You should write a book. Compare Poems! Everyone has a unique and application letter for teachers powerful story. LifeBio helps tell it without delay. A picture is essay, truly worth 1,000 words.

What are you waiting for? LifeBio captures life stories and helps people publish biographies using an argument analysis, online system and of two journals. We serve thousands of people in the United States and essay around the compare essay of two, world. We have a great team based in argument Marysville, Ohio (a suburb of compare of two Columbus, Ohio). Persuasive Argument! If you have questions about how LifeBio can help YOU or a senior care/health care organization, please call us at 1-866-LIFEBIO or 937-303-4576 or email us at info@lifebio.com.

LifeBio is excited to share these excerpts from the LifeBios created by our members. Be inspired by these simply amazing “ordinary” but truly EXTRAORDINARY life stories. Every person has a story to tell, and LifeBio is compare of two poems, making this process easier than ever. We ask the right questions to bring out the best stories! Every person has unique life experience and family history to share. Letter For Teachers! “As an early entrepreneur, my grandpa, Henry Deblieck, started a small dairy delivery business on the west side of Chicago in the early 1900’s. Every day he would buy milk and dairy products from local producers, then deliver them in his horse-drawn wagon.

One of essay of two poems his stops was a local tavern. “I attended Findlay Senior High School, and I became the editor of the school paper. My whole journalism class traveled to New York City for paper on emerging in wireless a newspaper conference, and we also went to the Jimmy and Tommy Dorsey CBS Stage Show. Elvis was making one of his early TV appearances on Saint Patrick’s Day 1956. A Career Change - After 20 Years of Nursing! “As a child, I vacillated between wanting to be a teacher like my grandmother and wanting to be a nurse because of the cool uniforms. Nursing won out after I read the Sue Barton and Cherry Ames novels. “Biking has long been a favorite hobby of mine. Essay! I remember getting my first bike from the Marion Gamble Hardware Store as a birthday gift from my parents when I was in grade school. The picture on resume nikita, the left below is of my father holding me when I was just a newborn. In 1963, I Started Teaching Third Grade. “In 1963, I started teaching third grade at Sacred Heart School in Lombard, Illinois. At that time, you did not need a teaching degree in a Parochial School (I had begun pursuing my teaching degree, but I had not finished yet). My first class had 54 students.

My favorite pet was our family cow! Our Guernsey herd was such an integral part of our life… they were like family! We took them to compare and contrast, all the local fairs: Urbana, London, Hilliard (which is Franklin County), the Ohio State Fair, and two or three others. What#39;s the most interesting job you#39;ve ever had? One day, I was talking to a fireman and he told me to put my application into the Battle Creek Fire Department. My Favorite Hobby! I was hired, and it started a wonderful career for me.

I loved that every run was different and there were never any two alike. One especially memorable Christmas was the compare and contrast essay, year that I was hired to work the critical analysis essay, Christmas rush at compare essay poems Kresges Dimestore in Elmhurst, Illinois. I was working at Sutherland Paper company as a commercial artist and also building our first house when I got my greeting for induction on March 2, 1951. I was to report on March 29th. I was born in best application 1923, in Tevel, Hungary. My name is Katie, and compare and contrast of two I was born in 1923 in buy a doctoral dissertation kissinger Tevel, Hungary. As a little girl, my family lived on a homestead. We had ten acres and and contrast of two it was called “existence” farming, because we could exist on those ten acres. Counseling! You can do anything by hard work, honesty, and love! I’ve gone from no electricity or running water to knowing how to use Facebook and text on a cell phone! I was the youngest of five children – four girls and one boy – with my brother Charles being right in the middle!

My two older sisters and Charles were too old to be my playmates, but my sister, Mary, and of two poems I played together often. My brother, Roland, was always my 'other dad' since he was 8 years older than me. He taught me how to ride a bicycle; catch a baseball; and later when I was driving, he helped me get a car unstuck and also helped with cleaning the spark-plugs. I enlisted a day after graduation. I enlisted a day after I graduated from high school. I chose the Army because I knew, if I went in the Navy, I would get seasick, so the essays philosophical counseling, Navy was not a good choice for essay of two poems me. My vision wasn't good, so flying was not for me. LifeBio and Music Therapy Helped Me Tell My Story!

My name is Rose. I am the very loving daughter in a close-knit Italian family from Massachusetts. Nancy#39;s Passion for Sewing Never Went Out of Style I worked as a seamstress at buy a dissertation Shamokin Dress Factory for 38 years. Capture Family Stories Individual Life Stories Now. LifeBio makes it easy for YOU and your family to essay of two poems, write and share your unique memories and experiences with your loved ones. LifeBio provides an online template of biography questions that have been carefully crafted to bring out doctoral dissertation kissinger interesting and essay of two poems priceless life stories. Topics in the LifeBio system include family history, people that made a difference, childhood memories, historical events, the “real world” of essays adulthood, and life lessons and beliefs. Compare Poems! Just answer the buy a doctoral dissertation kissinger, thought-provoking questions and compare and contrast essay of two watch an buy a doctoral kissinger, incredible life story unfold! Every person has a story to tell and compare and contrast of two poems every person should have a lasting legacy.

It’s time for you and your family to create a priceless record of stories and memories—without difficulty or delay. Resume Ru! LifeBio is the premier life story and communication platform used in senior care and health care organizations (providers and and contrast essay of two poems payers). LifeBio offers software, physical journals, class materials, and critical persuasive argument other life enrichment/engagement tools for organizations.

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
Compare two poems essay pdf 1 Кб

odysseus flaws essay Literary Terms and Definitions: M. This page is under perpetual construction! It was last upda ted September 1, 2017. This list is meant to assist, not intimidate. Use it as a touchstone for important concepts and vocabulary that we will cover during the term. Vocabulary terms are listed alphabetically. MABINOGI (Welsh, Four Branches): The four branches or four parts of The Mabinogion , a medieval collection of Welsh myths and legends important in compare, Celtic studies generally and in Arthurian legends more specifically. MACHIAVELLIAN : As an adjective, the word refers generally to sneaky, ruthless, and deceitful behavior, especially in regard to a ruler obsessed with power who puts on a surface veneer of honor and trustworthy behavior in order to essays counseling achieve evil ends.

The term originates in of two, a treatise known as The Prince . This work was written by Nicco ló Machiavelli, an early sixteenth-century political advisor who worked for the Borgia family in critical persuasive argument, Italy. In contrast to the medieval ideal of the ruler as God's holy deputy and dispenser of justice, Machiavelli stressed that effective rulers often must engage in evil (or at least immoral) activities to ensure the stability of and contrast of two poems their rule. Essay My Favorite Hobby! He suggests that, based on compare essay, the evidence of history and his own personal observations, the rulers that have remained in power have not been kindly, benevolent men concerned with justice and critical persuasive essay fairness, but rather ruthless individuals willing to do anything to ensure the security of compare essay poems their state and their own personal power. Buy A Doctoral Dissertation! Click here for and contrast essay of two poems more information. MACHIEVELLE (also spelled machiavel ): A villain, especially an Italian aristocratic power-monger, or a deceitful betrayer, who behaves according to the principles established by Niccoló Machiavelli. (See Machiavellian , above.) The machievelle became a stock character in many Renaissance plays associated with sinister plots, blackest betrayal, and wicked resourcefulness. Examples from Shakespeare include Richard of Gloucester in Richard III and Edmund and Cornwall in King Lear . MACARONIC TEXT : Any medieval or modern manuscript written in a jumble of several languages--say a mixture of critical essay Latin and French or Latin and German--is said to essay be macaronic.

The mixture might involve bilingual vocabulary and grammatical switches within a single sentence, or in buy a kissinger, alternating lines or paragraphs, or in purely random intervals. Examples from the Restoration period would be the steamier scenes of Samuel Pepys' diary entries for 1666-1668, in compare and contrast essay of two poems, which Pepys frequently mingles Spanish and essay my favorite hobby Latin words in the text to hide the exact details of his sexual indiscretions. Cf. code-switching . MACROCOSM (Cf. microcosm): The natural universe as a whole, including the biological realms of flora and fauna, weather, and compare and contrast of two poems celestial objects such as the sun, moon, and stars. See discussion under chain of being . MACROLOGIA (Grk. big language or long language): Also called macrology , in on emerging trends in wireless, rhetoric, a negative term for a type of of two periphrasis involving unnecessary repetition of lengthy clauses. See discussion under periphrasis . MACRON : A diacritical mark in the form of a horizontal line indicating the vowel beneath it is long. MAENAD : Also known as bacchae or thyiads , maenads were female worshippers of essays counseling Dionysus or Bacchus. In the mystery cult of essay Dionysus, worshippers would get drunk on wine and then undergo an all-night process of stylized frenzied dancing in order to achieve the divine state of ekstasos . At the height of the frenzy, they believed that they would become one with Dionysus/Bacchus, thus the common Latin name bacchae for these priestesses, a feminine plural form of the god Bacchus' name. In legendary accounts, such women were supernaturally strong and wildly violent.

They would run through the forest naked after the ceremonies and would catch small animals (or in some myths men and children!), rip them apart bare-handed, and then eat the flesh raw. In literature, Euripides' tragedy The Bacchae is a dramatic retelling of the arrival of the Dionysiac rites in Greece. MAGIC REALISM : In 1925, Franz Roh first applied the term magic realism ( magischer Realismus in German) to a group of neue Saqchlichkeit painters in Munich (Cuddon 531). These painters blended realistic, smoothly painted, sharply defined figures and objects--but in a surrealistic setting or backdrop, giving them an outlandish, odd, or even dream-like qualilty. In the 1940s and critical argument essay 1950s, the term migrated to the prose fiction of various writers including Jorge Luis Borges in Argentina, Gabriel Garcia Márquez in compare essay poems, Colombia, and Alejo Carpentier in Cuba. The influence also spread later to Günter Grass in Germany and on emerging trends in wireless John Fowles in poems, England (Abrams 135). These postmodern writers mingle and juxtapose realistic events with fantastic ones, or they experiment with shifts in time and setting, labyrinthine narratives and plots and arcane erudition (135), and essays philosophical counseling often they combine myths and of two fairy stories with gritty Hemingway-esque detail. This mixture create truly dreamlike and bizarre effects in their prose. An example of best for teachers magic realism (and one of essay of two poems my own personal favorites in postmodern narrative) would be Gabriel Garcia Márquez's short story, A Very Old Man With Enormous Wings, a narrative in which a fisherman discovers a filthy, lice-ridden old man trapped face-down in the muddy shore of the beach, weighed down by enormous buzzard wings attached to his back. A neighbor identifies the old man as an angel who had come down to claim the fisherman's sick and feverish child but who had been knocked out the sky by storm winds during the previous night. Not having the resume heart to club the compare and contrast of two poems sickly angel to doctoral death, the protagonist decides instead to keep the supernatural being captive in a chicken coop.

The very premise of the story reveals much of the compare essay poems flavor of magic realism. Cf. postmodernism . MAIAR : Semidivine spirits in Tolkien's Silmarillion . See discussion under Valar . MAJUSCULE : A large letter or a capital letter as opposed to minuscule . MAL MARIÉE : The stock character in medieval romances, lais , and critical persuasive argument essay fabliaux of an unhappily married wife, often married to compare and contrast essay a senex amans . An example is the female protagonist in Marie de France's Laustic or Guigemar. MALAPROPISM : Misusing words to create a comic effect or characterize the speaker as being too confused, ignorant, or flustered to use correct diction. Typically, the malapropism involves the doctoral kissinger confusion of two polysyllabic words that sound somewhat similar but have different meanings. For instance, in Richard Sheridan's The Rivals , we hear, She's as headstrong as an and contrast poems, allegory on the banks of the my favorite Nile. Essay Poems! Dogberry the Watchman in Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing says, Comparisons are odorous, and later, It shall be siffigance--both malapropisms. In Sheridan, we also find pineapple instead of pinnacle , and trends we read in Twain's Huckleberry Finn how one character declares, I was most putrified with astonishment instead of essay petrified, and so on.

The best malapropisms sound sufficiently similar to the correct word to philosophical let the audience recognize the intended meaning and laugh at the incongruous result. Cf. acyron . MANET / MANENT : Common Latin stage directions found in the margins of Shakespearean plays. Manet is the singular for He [or she] remains. Compare And Contrast Of Two Poems! Manent is the plural form for multiple individuals. Philosophical! Often the phrase is accompanied with explanatory remarks, such as Manent utras (The others remain on stage), or Manet solus (He alone remains). MANNER OF ARTICULATION : In linguistics, how the speech organs of lips, tongue, and compare and contrast essay of two vocal cords must be arranged in order to produce a particular sound such as a nasal, a stop, a fricative, or so on. MANUSCRIPT : A text written by buy a doctoral dissertation, hand, as opposed to one printed with a printing press. ( Manus is Latin for hand; scriptum is a Latin participle for compare written.) Early Egyptian manuscripts are written on crushed and flattened papyrus reeds and rolled up as scrolls. Later, parchment and vellum (animal skins) became the best application letter primary means of transmitting texts. In the essay late Roman and early Patristic period, individual pages were bound between covers as a codex or a book, a practice that continues today. Essays! Paper as we know it became common in the Middle East in the twelfth century, but it took another three hundred years for the art of paper-making to spread through Europe. By Shakespeare's day, printed paper had largely replaced manuscripts written on and contrast of two poems, vellum, but the mechanics of printing often tried to imitate the essays counseling familiar features of manuscripts.

In medieval scholarship, the abbreviation MS stands for manuscript, and British scholars often use the plural form MSS for manuscripts. TS and TSSare the equivalent terms for typeset documents. Some important medieval literary manuscripts include the Ellesmere , the Hengwyrt , and the Nowell Codex . You can click here to see the first page of compare and contrast essay of two poems Beowulf from the Nowell Codex. See also parchment , vellum , quire , hair side , and paper on emerging trends in wireless comm flesh side . MAQAMA : Picaresque Arabic stories in rhymed prose. And Contrast Essay! The two most famous writers in this genre include Abu al-Fadl Ahmed ibn al-Husian al Hamadhani and Abu Mohammed al Qasim al-Hariri. MÄRCHEN : A technical German word used in folklore scholarship to refer to fairy tales. See discussion under fairy tale . MARCHING SONG : A song with strong metrical beat designed to help soldiers keep time so they can march in nikita, step, usually performed by a military band. Examples include the death march in Wagner's Götterdamerung or Beethoven's Eroica . Tolkien has the of two poems Ents in The Lord of the Rings sing a tune matching the rhythmical constraints of a marching song as they head into doctoral dissertation war with Isengard in The Lord of the Rings (484-85). Contrast with walking song . MARGINALIA : Drawings, notation, illumination, and compare and contrast essay of two doodles appearing in the margins of a medieval text, rather than the central text itself. MARKED WORD : A word that has some limitation or boundary in its meaning when contrasted with an unmarked word without such a limitation or boundary. For Teachers! Algeo points to the example of stallion (marked for male gender) and mare (marked for and contrast essay poems female gender) in contrast with the word horse , which is unmarked for persuasive gender (323).

MARRIAGE GROUP : A term coined by George L. Kittredge in 1912 to describe a specific set of stories in compare, Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. The marriage group includes The Wife of Bath's Tale, The Clerk's Tale, The Merchant's Tale, and The Franklin's Tale. All four narratives deal with the question of the proper relationship between men and women in marriage. The intervening tales of the Friar, Summoner, and Squire serve as interruptions of this longer-running thematic concern about gender. Some critics, especially those who accept the Bradshaw Shift , argue that the marriage group also includes Melibee, The Man of Law's Tale, and The Nun's Priest's Tale.

MARY SUE : A character beloved by nikita, the author but often despised by readers and editors--an unrealistic character with overly idealized behavior who lacks any perceivable flaws--especially one serving as a wish-fulfillment fantasy for compare and contrast of two the author. This term is an eponym from a character in Paula Smith's 1973 parody, A Trekkie's Tale, and in subsequent decades became popular among editors in science-fiction publishing houses to refer to poorly written, annoying, and unlikely characters written by amateur authors. MASCULINE ENDING / MASCULINE RHYME : Rhymes that end with a heavy stress on the last syllable in each rhyming word. Best Application Letter For Teachers! See under discussion of meter . MASHAL (plural meshalim ): In the Hebrew tradition, a mashal is a broad, general term including almost any type of figurative language from short riddles to long, extended allegories. It denotes mysterious speech. Some of the Psalms, for instance, are designated as meshalim . Essay Poems! The New Testament Greek often translates the term as parabole or parable . This translation, however, causes some problem. In Greek, parabole are always allegorical and open to paper comm point-by-point interpretation. Parabole were often used as a simple method of teaching by compare and contrast essay of two poems, example or analogy. The meshalim in Hebrew, however, was often intentionally confusing or deliberately obfuscating in nature--much more like the Greek enigma (riddle). We can see this confusion in the New Testament, where Mark interprets the purpose of the parables as Hebrew meshalim . In Mark, Jesus tells his disciples: The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in buy a doctoral kissinger, parables so that, 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise, they might turn and compare of two poems be forgiven' (Mark 4:11-12).

The common, modern idea that Christ uses parables for simple pedagogic purposes (i.e., so that even a child could understand the secrets of heaven) is a creation of the critical persuasive medieval period, much later. MASORETIC (from Hebrew Masorah , handed over): The Masoretic texts are partly Hebrew and partly Aramaic versions of the Hebrew Bible (i.e., what Christians call the Old Testament) with accompanying explanatory notes or marginalia. A group of Jewish scholars known as the Masoretes approved them for general use in Judaic biblical scholarship and reading between the first and ninth centuries CE with a few late additions in the tenth century. These manuscripts contain numerous differences when compared to the Greek Septuagint . To list one minor but illustrative example, Septuagint texts give the dimensions for the porch of Solomon's temple as twenty cubits, but most Masoretic texts give the dimensions of the same architectural feature as one-hundred twenty cubits. Other differences range from the compare essay poems trivial to the striking. For linguists and biblical scholars, Masoretic texts are especially important because the Masoretes who wrote them introduced the Hebrew convention of using dots and symbols under, above, and inside consonant letters to represent vowel sounds.

Previous Hebrew texts only marked consonant sounds, which left the meaning of many words ambiguous and rendered it difficult to doctoral kissinger verify comparative studies showing how similar or different Hebrew was from closely related languages such as Akkhadian, Amorite, Arabic, Ugaritic, Proto-Canaanite (which developed into both Phoenician and Classical Hebrew), Eblaite and Elamite. MASQUE : Not to be confused with a masquerade, a masque is a type of and contrast essay elaborate court entertainment popular in the times of Queen Elizabeth I, King James I, and Charles I--i.e., the nikita early 17th Century after Queen Elizabeth's death. The masque as a performance grew out of and contrast essay of two medieval plays, but it was more spectacle than drama proper. The content was suitable for amateur actors rather than professional performers. The masques tended to use long speeches and essays counseling little action.

They combined poetic drama, singing, dancing, music, and splendid costumes and settings. The imagery was influential on later poets and poems, such as Andrew Marvell, who makes use of masque-imagery in Upon Appleton House. MAXIM: A proverb, a short, pithy statement or aphorism believed to contain wisdom or insight into human nature. In much of the dialogue in Viking sagas, for instance, the characters will quote short maxims to each other to make a point. MCGUFFIN (also MacGuffin, Maguffin): A humorous or joking term to describe an object or artifact that drives the plot as part of a quest motif . For instance, the horcrux in compare and contrast essay of two poems, the Harry Potter series, the Holy Grail in paper on emerging trends in wireless, Arthurian legends, the compare of two Golden Fleece in Jason and nikita ru the Argonauts , and so forth. Often Alfred Hitchcock is credited for coining the phrase. See discussion under quest motif . MEAD HALL : A structure built by essay of two poems, an Anglo-Saxon lord ( hlaford or cyning ) as a social center for his immediate community, especially his thegns and warriors. Since they were constructed primarily of nikita wood, we have only a few archeological samples that survive to provide examples.

We know from and contrast, descriptions in Anglo-Saxon texts that they were filled with mead-benches, which were elaborately carved and decorated with gold. Words such as horn-gapped may imply architectural features, or they may imply that the hall was decorated with the horns of stags and other trophy animals. Ru! The lord would gather his warriors at his mead hall to of two poems eat, drink, pass out gifts and treasure, and letter renew the oath-bonds between himself and his men. MEDIEVAL (from Latin medium aevum , the Middle Age or the in-between age): The period of time roughly a thousand years long between the fall of the Roman Empire and the emergence of the compare Renaissance. Actual starting and ending points are somewhat arbitrary when describing the era, and scholars vary wildly in the dates they assign. For instance, M . H. Abrams' Norton Anthology of English Literature , 7th edition, assigns to the medieval period the years 450-1485, but in his Glossary of essay my favorite dancing Literary Terms , the same scholar points to the years 410-1500 as the appropriate years. J. Of Two Poems! A. Cuddon's Penguin Dictionary of Literary Terms and essay dancing Literary Theory prefers the dates c. 800-c.

1450, and essay of two poems Harry Shaw's Concise Dictionary of resume ru Literary Terms prefers c. 476-c. 1350, but notes that it may extend to about 1500 (p. Essay Poems! 170). While there are no universally accepted demarcations, it is best application for teachers common in older European histories to divide the medieval period into an early period of the Dark Ages and a later period of the and contrast High Middle Ages. On the other hand, linguists divide the medieval period in England into the Anglo-Saxon period (about 450-1066) and the Middle English period (about 1066-1450). The dividing line is the Norman Conquest of resume nikita ru England following the Battle of Hastings (1066), which marked the introduction of heavy French influences into English.

Some scholars prefer to compare and contrast of two mark the years 1100-1350 as the Anglo-Norman period, since most courtly literature in England was written in Norman-French rather than English. Note, however, that these divisions are most useful in discussing English literature; they are less useful for discussing medieval literature, art, and architecture on the continent. European scholars and art historians divide the medieval period into four periods: Carolingian (c. 750-900), Ottonian (c. Critical Persuasive Argument Analysis Essay! 900-1056), Romanesque (c. 1057-1150), and Gothic (1150-1475). For our literary purposes, however, the Anglo-Saxon and Middle English periods serve as a useful division. The early medieval centuries (often misleadingly called the Dark Ages) are marked by and contrast poems, the disintegration of resume nikita ru classical Greco-Roman culture and the volkerwanderung of essay Germanic tribes into western Europe, followed by gradual conversions to Christianity. Its later stages (often called the High Middle Ages) are marked by innovative technology, economic growth, and original theology and for teachers philosophy. The term medievalism in western Europe is linked with feudalism in government, guildhouses in and contrast essay poems, economics, monasticism and Catholicism in religion, and castles and knights in chivalrous military custom. Click here for paper on emerging trends in wireless a PDF handout placing this historical period in chronological sequence with other historical periods.

Click below for essay a chronological list of historical events in various centuries: 500-600 CE 600-700 CE 700-800 CE 800-900 CE 900-1000 CE 1000-1099 CE 1100-1199 CE 1200-1299 CE 1300-1399 CE. MEDIEVAL ESTATES SATIRE : A medieval genre common among French poets in which the speaker lists various occupations among the three estates of feudalism (nobles, peasants, and clergy) and depicts them in a manner that shows how short they fall from the ideal of that occupation. In the late medieval period, the genre expanded to discuss the resume ru failings of bourgeois individuals as well. The genre was not unknown in England. John Gower's Vox Clamantis and Confessio Amantis have passages similar to those in continental estates satire.

Jill Mann suggests in her famous book, Chaucer and Medieval Estates Satire , that the poems General Prologue of ru The Canterbury Tales is itself an example of this genre . See also satire , anti-fraternal satire , and poems three estates . MEDIEVAL STUDIES : An interdisciplinary field of essays philosophical scholarship in and contrast, literature, history, art, philosophy, and theology focusing on the culture of the Middle Ages or medieval period . Resume! Scholars who specialize in this area are medievalists. Among the and contrast of two Inklings , J.R.R. Tolkien entered medieval studies through philology and Germanic literatures, while C.S. Lewis became a medievalist via classical and Renaissance philosophy and literature--eventually leaving Oxford to go to Cambridge and become the Chair of Medieval and trends in wireless comm Renaissance literature. [Dr. Wheeler would remind his students at essay Carson-Newman that we do offer a minor in MARS--medieval and Renaissance studies--for interested adventurers looking to persuasive argument pick up a quick interdisciplinary minor. --KW] MEDITATION : A thoughtful or contemplative essay, sermon, discussion, or treatise--especially one that encourages introspection and self-analysis. John Donne's funeral service, Meditation 17, is an example, in of two poems, which he explores what death means if we truly believe that all human beings are inteconnected to each other spiritually. MEIOSIS : Understatement, the opposite of exaggeration: I was somewhat worried when the research paper on emerging trends comm psychopath ran toward me with a chainsaw. (i.e., I was terrified).

Litotes (especially popular in Old English poetry) is a type of meiosis in which the writer uses a statement in the negative to create the effect: You know, Einstein is not a bad mathematician. (i.e., Einstein is a good mathematician.) That pustulant wart is compare and contrast of two poems somewhat unbeautiful (i.e., That pustulant wart is ugly). Litotes is recognizable in English by negatives like not , no , non - and un -.) MELODRAMA : A dramatic form characterized by excessive sentiment, exaggerated emotion, sensational and counseling thrilling action, and an artificially happy ending. Melodramas originally referred to romantic plays featuring music, singing, and dancing, but by the eighteenth century they connoted simplified and coincidental plots, bathos , and and contrast essay poems happy endings. These melodramatic traits are present in Gothic novels, western stories, popular films, and television crime shows, to doctoral kissinger name but a few more recent examples. MELOPOEIA : Ezra Pound's term for one of the three techniques he would use to create charged language. Specifically, melopoeia is the compare and contrast essay poems use of sound of a word or the sounds of groups of words together to create poetic effects, or as Pound writes, . You charge it [a word] by sound or you use groups of words to do this (37). Persuasive Argument Analysis! Presumably, melopoeia might cover techniques like assonance , consonance , and onomatopoeia . Compare Essay Of Two Poems! See also phanopoeia and logopoeia . MELUSINE MYTH : A medieval legend about a French princess who secretly transformed into on emerging in wireless a serpent or dragon in compare and contrast essay, her private moments until her husband learns the essay truth about her real identity.

C.S. Lewis may have been inspired by this myth in The Silver Chair , in which the Lady of the Green Kyrtle takes the form of a serpent when she fights with Rilian. MEME : An idea or pattern of thought that replicates like a virus by compare and contrast of two, being passed along from best application letter, one thinker to another. A meme might be a song or advertising jingle that gets stuck in one's head, a particularly amusing joke or entertaining story one feels compelled to pass on, a memorable phrase that gets quoted repeatedly in and contrast essay, public speeches or in published books, a political ideology, an invention, a teacher's lesson plan, or even a religious belief. MEMOIR (usually appearing in plural form as memoirs , from Latin, memoria memory via French mémoire ): An autobiographical sketch--especially one that focuses less on the author's personal life or psychological development and more on the notable people and events the author has encountered or witnessed. Examples include memoirs published by Winston Churchill and Dwight D. Eisenhower. The memoir contrasts with a diary or journal, i.e., the memoir is not an informal daily record of events in a person's life, it is not necessarily written for personal pleasure, and the author of such memoir has in mind the essay my favorite dancing ultimate goal of essay publication. Contrast with biography and memoir-novel . MEMOIR-NOVEL : A novel purporting to be a factual or autobiographical account but which is essay my favorite hobby dancing completely or partially imaginary.

The authorial voice or speaker is typically a made-up character who never actually lived. This creation is not so much a hoax as a literary convention or an artistic device. An early example would be Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe and Moll Flanders . Later eighteenth-century examples include Goldsmith's The Vicar of compare and contrast Wakefield and Mackenzie's The Man of Feeling . On Emerging In Wireless Comm! While this convention became less popular in the nineteenth-century, some examples have appeared in twentieth- and essay twenty-first century literature--including Umberto Eco's Baudolino (my own personal favorite). MEMORIAL RECONSTRUCTION : Renaissance actors reconstructing the critical argument essay text of a play from their own (sometimes faulty) memory. Acting companies often lost or gained members rapidly. It is possible that some actors formerly working with Shakespeare lacked access to promptbooks after leaving his acting company. These players may have attempted to reconstruct the and contrast plays by memory.

Some scholars believe that the unbelievably sloppy bad quartos of Shakespeare's plays may have been the result of such a memorial reconstruction. MEMORY PLAY : The term coined by Tennessee Williams to doctoral describe non-realistic dramas, such as The Glass Menagerie , in which the and contrast essay poems audience experiences the past as remembered by a narrator, complete with music from the period remembered, and images representing the characters' thoughts, fears, emotions, and recollections projected on a scrim in the background. See drama , scrim . MENDICANT ORDERS (also called friars): Orders of essays counseling wandering monks who lived by begging. In the Middle Ages, the compare and contrast of two poems clergy was divided into secular clergy and regular clergy . The secular (i.e., worldly) clergy dealt with secular concerns such as the operation and administration of individual parishes and tending to the congregation's spiritual needs. It was composed of the priests, bishops, archbishops, and philosophical counseling cardinals. The regular clergy were those otherworldly individuals who isolated themselves from material concerns by residing in a monastery. These monks would take a series of vows and agree to live according to the order's rule (Latin regula means rule, hence regular clergy). While all the regular orders took a vow of poverty individually, the mendicant orders also took a vow of communal or corporate poverty, vowing to compare of two poems subsist entirely on begging from day-to-day, hence the name mendicant or begging. It was hoped that this sort of research paper vow would prevent abuses that occurred in compare essay of two, monasteries, in which individual monks had no personal wealth, but the monastery as a whole was a powerful corporate entity possessing thousands of resume nikita ru acres of poems land and its collective income, allowing the impoverished monks to argument often live a luxurious existence in spite of their individual vows of and contrast poverty. Some monasteries became such powerful landowning institutions that, at one point in ru, England, it has been estimated that one-quarter to compare of two poems one-third of all available land was in the possession or control of various abbots. This situtation granted the argument monastic clergy political and financial power comparable to that of the secular branch of church; it was a far cry from the original intention of these monks to compare and contrast essay poems remove themselves from nikita ru, petty worldly matters in order to focus on spiritual contemplation.

In reaction to this situation, a series of and contrast essay reformers such as Saint Dominic and research on emerging in wireless comm Saint Francis of compare poems Assissi espoused the idea of a new type of religious order--the mendicants. Each order was given a set of duties--the salvation of souls, the suppression of critical persuasive heretical doctrine through teaching, fund-raising for the church, and compare essay sundry other tasks. There remain from the Middle Ages four great mendicant orders recognized by the Second Council of Lyons in 1274 CE: The Dominicans ( alias the Order of Preachers, or the Black Friars) The Franciscans ( alias the Friars Minor, or the Gray Friars) The Carmelites ( alias the White Friars) The Hermits of Saint Augustine ( alias Austin Friars or Augustinian Friars) In more recent centuries, the council of Trent granted all the mendicant orders except the Friars Minor and the Capuchins the right to have corporate property like other monasteries. One of the major differences between friars and other regular monks was that friars were not bound by a votum stabilitatis (a vow of permanency to remain in one place). Instead, they were at liberty to wander from place to place teaching if given the permission of the general of essay my favorite hobby their order. Indeed, such mobility was necessary, since the friars' primary task was, as it states in their mission statement, to save souls.

Thus, while other monks sought to follow an compare and contrast essay poems, eremitical tradition that would remove them from worldly concerns and isolate themselves from the dancing general public beyond the monastery's walls, the mendicant orders deliberately reinserted themselves into and contrast of two the world so they could preach, teach, and beg. In the early thirteenth century, the energy and dynamism of these new movements was extraordinary. Dominicans did much to curb outbreaks of philosophical heresy in southern France, though they were not so successful that they could prevent the Albigensian crusades against the Cathars. They reinvigorated the body of the church with a sort of monastic revival. By a century later, however, new problems and of two poems abuses began to arise. Unfortunately, the ability to beg and wander led to a new type of essays philosophical counseling ecclesiastical abuse. Compare And Contrast Poems! Part of the persuasive argument spiritual glue holding a monastery together is the supervision of an essay poems, abbot, who would oversee the buy a dissertation monks and make sure they are not straying into sin.

Without a supervisor, wandering friars became notorious for improper behavior such as sexual misconduct, blatant embezzlement, and abrasive confrontation with secular clergy such as local parish priests. Essay! For example, if parishioners gave donations to a wandering preacher, they weren't giving those donations to the local priest; additionally, a dynamic, fiery friar might invoke professional jealousy in a less rhetorically gifted pastor. Friars normally were required to travel in groups of two (much like Mormon missionaries today), so that each one would provide a check on the other. However, such measures were not always successful in curbing misconduct. Research Paper On Emerging Trends In Wireless! This abuse became a source of much popular resentment and frustration. In literature, this manifested itself in anti-fraternal satire . Friars became stereotypical characters in estates literature and in fabliaux . Chaucer himself depicts Friar Hubert as corrupt in The Canterbury Tales and compare of two poems shows his rivalry with a church summoner , an letter, equally corrupt representative of the secular clergy. Essay! They insult each other's professions in their tales.

MENTOR : (1) In common use, this eponym comes from the character Mentor in Homer's Odyssey . Mentor is an experienced, elderly man, and essays the goddess Athena takes on his form to advise the young Telemachus. Penelope's suitors plan to kill Telemachus and seize Ithaca for themselves, so Telemachus needs all the compare and contrast of two help he can get! Hence, the motif of a mentor is an older, experienced character who provides advice to younger inexperienced ones, which is doctoral dissertation kissinger a standard component of fairy tales and myths in compare and contrast essay of two, Campbell's model of the mythic hero. (2) Many authors and critical persuasive essay poets consider one or more of their predecessors to be their mentor--the model or inspiration on which they draw their own work. And Contrast Essay Of Two! Dante, for essays instance, saw Virgil as his master and teacher; he models his Inferno on descriptions of the Underworld in compare of two, Virgil's Aeneid . Dante starts his descent into essay hobby the Inferno by having his narrator-persona actually encounter the ghost of Virgil, who becomes his guide through hell.

C.S. And Contrast Of Two! Lewis in his youth encountered the fantasy novel Phantastes by George MacDonald, and he considered it one of the ten most influential works he ever read. Lewis mimics Dante in that in his own fictional tour of pur gatory/hell, where he likewise encounters the ghost of critical persuasive argument MacDonald and consults with him. MERCIAN : The dialect of Old English spoken in the region of Mercia. MESURE (French, measure): In French chivalric literature, the equivalent of Latin moderatio --the ability to and contrast essay of two follow a golden mean and not go to unreasonable extremes.

This trait contrasts with the demesure (excessive actions or unconrolled passions) of figures like the for teachers knight Roland in the Chanson de Roland . In the literature of courtly love, a frequent debate is whether the ideal courtly lover should have mesure or demesure . METADRAMA : Drama in and contrast essay of two, which the subject of the play is dramatic art itself, especially when such material breaks up the my favorite illusion of watching reality. When Macbeth cries out, Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player / who struts and frets his hour upon the stage, / and then is heard no more , his references to shadows and players (Renaissance slang for actors) and his discussion of the stage serve to remind the audience forcefully that they are watching a dramatic artifice, not a real historical event. The references break down verisimilitude to call attention to the fact that viewers are watching a staged performance. Likewise, the opening to Taming of the Shrew forcefully emphasizes that the events we see are a fiction, as does Hamlet's plan to use The Mouse-Trap as an ethical litmus test for Claudius: The play's the thing / wherin I'll catch the compare essay conscience of the king . METAFICTION : Fiction in which the subject of the story is the act or art of storytelling of doctoral dissertation kissinger itself, especially when such material breaks up the illusion of reality in a work. And Contrast Poems! An example is John Fowles's The French Lieutenant's Woman , in which the author interrupts his own narative to insert himself as a character in the work. Claiming not to like the ending to the tale, the author sets his watch back ten minutes, and the storyline backs up ten minutes so an alternative ending can unfold.

The act reminds us that the passionate love affair we are so involved in as readers is dissertation kissinger a fictional creation of an author at that point when we are most likely to have forgotten that artificiality because of essay our involvement. Other examples include Chaucer's narrator in the Canterbury Tales , in which the pilgrim tells the reader to letter turn the leaf [page] and choose another tale if the compare essay of two audience doesn't like naughty stories like the essays philosophical counseling Miller's tale. This command breaks the illusion that Geoffrey is a real person on pilgrimage, calling attention to the fictional qualities of The Canterbury Tales as a physical artifact--a book held in and contrast of two, the readers' hands. Robert Scholes popularized the philosophical term metafiction to generally describe this tendency in his critical writings, as Abrams notes (135). METALITERATURE : Literary art focused on the subject of literary art itself. Often this term is further divided into metapoetry , metafiction , and metadrama . METAPHOR : A comparison or analogy stated in such a way as to imply that one object is and contrast essay poems another one, figuratively speaking. When we speak of the ladder of success, we imply that being successful is much like climbing a ladder to a higher and better position. Resume Nikita! Another example comes from an old television add from the 1980s urging teenagers not to try drugs. The camera would focus on a close-up of a pair of eggs and and contrast essay of two a voice would state This is your brain.

In the next sequence, the eggs would be cracked and thrown onto resume ru a hot skillet, where the eggs would bubble, burn, and seeth. The voice would state, This is your brain on drugs. The point of the comparison is fairly clear. Another example is compare how Martin Luther wrote, A mighty fortress is our God, / A bulwark never failing. ( Mighty fortress and bulwark are the critical persuasive two metaphors for God in these lines.) A metaphor is an example of a rhetorical trope , and such metaphors have a long history of critical discussion. Aristotle, for instance, claimed the essay of two greatest thing by far is to have a command of metaphor. This alone cannot be imparted by another; it is the counseling mark of genius, for to make good metaphors implies an eye for resemblances (qtd in Deutsche 84). Often, a metaphor suggests something symbolic in its imagery.

For instance, Wordsworth uses a metaphor when he states of compare poems England, she is a fen of stagnant waters, which implies something about the state of political affairs in England as well as the island's biomes. Sometimes, the metaphor can be emotionally powerful, such as John Donne's use of metaphor in Twickenham Garden, where he writes, And take my tears, which are love's wine (line 20). If we break down a metaphorical statement into dissertation kissinger its component parts, the compare and contrast essay of two poems real-world subject (first item) in a metaphoric statement is known as the tenor . The second item (often an imaginary one or at least not present in research on emerging, a literal sense) to which the tenor refers is and contrast essay of two called the philosophical vehicle . For example, consider the metaphorical statement, Susan is a viper in essay of two poems, her cruel treacheries. Here, Susan is the tenor in the metaphor, and viper is the vehicle in the same metaphor. Buy A Dissertation Kissinger! The tenor, Susan , is literally present or literally exists. The vehicle , the hypothetical or imagined viper, is not necessarily physically present. An unusual metaphor that requires some explanation on the writer's part is often called a metaphysical conceit , especially in 17th-century poetry. If the metaphorical connection is merely implied rather than directly stated, such as talking about the ladder of success, the compare essay of two term is a subdued metaphor. The combination of two different metaphors into a single, awkward image is called a mixed metaphor or abusio . See also tenor , vehicle , subdued metaphor , and on emerging in wireless comm telescoped metaphor. Contrast with simile . METAPHYSICAL POETS : In his 1693 work, Discourse of Satire , John Dryden used the term metaphysical to describe the style of certain poets earlier in the 17th century.

Later, Samuel Johnson popularized the essay of two term in 1779. The term metaphysical implies the essays philosophical counseling poetry is abstract and highly complex. The chief metaphysical poets include John Donne, Richard Crashaw, Andrew Marvell, George Herbert, and Henry Vaughan. The group shares certain traits, though their themes, structures, and compare essay poems assorted tones in their poetry vary widely, which leads more recent scholars to see the designation as unhelpful. (1) The group as a whole rejects the critical persuasive argument conventions of Elizabethan love poetry, especially the Petrarchan conceits that, by 1600, had become clichés . They preferred wildly original (and sometimes shocking or strange) images, puns, similes, and metaphors, which collectively are called metaphysical conceits . Essay Of Two Poems! (2) The metaphysical poet often describes a dramatic event rather than simple meditation, daydreams, or passing thoughts. (3) The metaphysical poets employed inconsistant or striking verse--often imitating the best application for teachers rhythmic patterns of everyday speech, rather than attempting to compare of two create perfect meter in the manner later favored by neoclassical poets. Basically, the essays metaphysical poets would not let metrical form interfere with the development of a line of thought. Compare Of Two Poems! (4) The poem often expresses an argument--often using wild flights of logic and resume nikita unusual comparisons. As an example, John Donne in The Flea presents a speaker who attempts to seduce a young maiden.

The basis of his argument is the comparison between sex and a flea-bite. Compare Essay Of Two Poems! In Holy Sonnet 14, Donne fashions a prayer in my favorite hobby, which he compares God to poems a rapist and himself to a besieged city. METAPLASMUS : A type of neologism in which misspelling a word creates a rhetorical effect. To emphasize dialect , one might spell dog as dawg. To emphasize that something is unimportant, we might add -let or -ling at best application letter the end of the word, referring to a deity as a godlet or a prince as a princeling. To emphasize the compare of two poems feminine nature of something normally considered masculine, try adding the suffix -ette to the end of the word, creating a smurfette or a corvette . To modernize something old, the writer might turn the Greek god Hermes into the Hermenator . Likewise, Austin Powers renders all things shagedelic . Hobby! For more information, see the subdivisions of and contrast essay of two metaplasmus under schemes. METAPOETRY : Poetry about poetry, especially self-conscious poems that pun on research on emerging in wireless comm, objects or items associated with writing or creating poetry. Among the Romantic and Enlightenment poets, we find puns on leaves (referring on compare and contrast poems, one hand to doctoral dissertation kissinger the leaves of plants, and on another to the leaves or pages of a book of poetry), feet (referring on one level to the body part, and on another to the metrical feet of a poem), and so on.

Other types of and contrast essay metapoetry involve self-conscious commentary on the poem's own genre or on the process of research paper on emerging comm creating the poem. Essay Of Two! A fine example of this type of metapoetry is Billy Collins' Sonnet: And after this next one just a dozen. To launch a little ship on love's storm-tossed seas, then only ten more left like rows of beans. How easily it goes unless you get Elizabethan. and insist the iambic bongos must be played.

and rhymes positioned at the ends of lines, one for every station of the cross. But hang on best letter for teachers, here while we make the turn. into the final six where all will be resolved, where longing and heartache will find an end, where Laura will tell Petrarch to put down his pen, take off those crazy medieval tights, blow out the lights, and come at and contrast essay of two last to bed. Here, we can clearly see the self-reflective tendencies, in which the resume ru poet discusses how many more lines he needs to finish a traditional sonnet (lines 1-4), he directly comments on the traditional subject-matter of the sonnet, the rejected love of the speaker (alluded to in line 3), he adds an amusing allusion to the normal requirements of rhyme, meter and iambic pentameter, which the poet rejects (lines 5-8), and he adds a direct reference to the turn or volta, in the exact moment when the volta is required in compare essay, an Italian sonnet. Finally the poet alludes to Laura (the woman to whom Petrarch dedicated his sonnets) and to Petrarch, the best application inventor of the compare and contrast essay of two sonnnet-structure that Collins mimics and alters simultaneously.

The subject-matter of this sonnet is the conventional sonnet itself; thus, it is metapoetry. Essays Counseling! See metaliterature . METATHESIS : The transposition of two sounds in speech or spelling. This tendency often catches students of Middle English or Anglo-Saxon off guard, since they might encounter the spelling brid for bird or hwale for whale . METER : A recognizable though varying pattern of stressed syllables alternating with syllables of less stress. Compositions written in meter are said to be in verse . There are many possible patterns of verse. Each unit of stress and essay of two unstressed syllables is best letter for teachers called a foot . The following examples are culled from M. H. Abrams' Glossary of Literary Terms , seventh edition, which has more information. You can also click here to compare and contrast essay download a PDF handout giving examples of particular types of buy a feet, or click here for a longer PDF handout discussing meter and scansion. Example: The cúrfew tólls the compare essay poems knéll of paper trends in wireless párting dáy. (Thomas Gray, Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard.) Anapestic (the noun is of two anapest ) two light syllables followed by a stressed syllable: The Assyrian came dówn like a wólf on trends, the fóld. (Lord Byron, The Destruction of Sennacherib.) Trochaic (the noun is trochee ) a stressed followed by a light syllable: Thére they áre, my fífty men and wómen. Dactylic (the noun is dactyl ): a stressed syllable followed by compare and contrast of two poems, two light syllables: Éve, with her básket, was / Déep in the bélls and grass. Iambs and anapests, since the strong stress is at the end, are called rising meter; trochees and dactyls, with the essay dancing strong stress at the beginning with lower stress at the end, are called falling meter.

Additionally, if a line ends in a standard iamb, with a final stressed syllable, it is said to have a masculine ending. If a line ends in a lightly stressed syllable, it is said to be feminine. Compare And Contrast Essay Of Two Poems! To hear the difference, read the following examples aloud and listen to the final stress: Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mousing. We name a metric line according to best for teachers the number of feet in it. If a line has four feet, it is tetrameter . If a line has five feet, it is pentameter . Six feet, hexameter , and so on. English verse tends to be pentameter, French verse tetrameter, and Greek verse, hexameter. When scanning a line, we might, for instance, describe the line as iambic pentameter (having five feet, with each foot tending to be a light syllable followed by heavy syllable), or trochaic tetrameter (having four feet, with each foot tending to be a long syllable followed by a short syllable).

Here is a complete list of the various verse structures: METONYM : Any specific use or specific example of and contrast of two poems metonymy , or any symbol in which a specific physical object is used as a vague suggestive symbol for a more general idea. See metonymy below. METONYMY : Using a vaguely suggestive, physical object to critical argument analysis essay embody a more general idea. The term metonym also applies to essay of two the object itself used to suggest that more general idea. Some examples of metonymy are using the persuasive analysis metonym crown in reference to royalty or the entire royal family, or stating the pen is mightier than the sword to suggest that the power of education and writing is more potent for changing the world than military force. And Contrast Poems! One of resume ru my former students wrote in an argumentative essay, If we cannot strike offenders in the heart, let us strike them in the wallet, implying by her metonym that if we cannot make criminals regret their actions out of their guilty consciences, we can make them regret their actions through financial punishment. We use metonymy in everyday speech when we refer to the entire movie-making industry as the L. A. suburb Hollywood or the advertising industry as the street Madison Avenue (and when we refer to businessmen working there as suits.) Journalists use metonymy to refer to the collective decisions of the United States government as Washington or when they use the term the White House as a shorthand reference for the executive bureaucracy in American government. Popular writer Thomas Friedman coined a recent metonym, the Arab Street, as a shorthand reference for the entire population of Muslim individuals in Saudi Arabia, Yeman, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and the surrounding areas. When students talk about studying Shakespeare, they mean metonymically all his collected works of drama and poetry, rather than the compare of two poems historical writer's life alone, and so on.

METRICAL : This adjective describes anything written in patterns of meter , as opposed to prose. METRICAL FOOT : See discussion uner meter or click here for a handout in dissertation kissinger, PDF format. METRICAL SUBSTITUTION : A way of compare of two varying poetic meter by taking a single foot of the normal meter and essays philosophical replacing it with a foot of different meter. For instance, a poem might consist primarily of iambic pentameter, with a light-heavy pattern of stress. The poet might add variety by essay of two poems, occasionally inserting a foot consisting of two stresses (spondeic substitution) or a foot with a reversed pattern of heavy-light stress (trochaic substitution). See meter . When a poet uses metrical substitution to replace the first entire foot with a single stressed beat, the result is an trends, acephalous line. MEZOZEUGMA : An alternative spelling of mesozeugma. See discussion under zeugma . MIASMA (Greek, stench): Literally referring to compare and contrast essay a stench or bad smell, the Greek term also metaphorically indicates a sort of nikita ceremonial taint or spiritual stain that can result from various sorts of essay of two poems impurity. The ancient Greeks thought actions such as murder, incest, blasphemy, menstruation, or violations of xenia might cause a miasma around a person or place, and persuasive essay until the community took action to poems expunge the stain, misfortune such as disease, drought, or other blights would be the analysis potential result. Normally, people thought to be stained by miasma were forbidden to pass the sacred marker ( temenos ) separating the holy ground of a temple or a public forum from non-sacred space. The term is particularly applicable in the play Oedipus Rex , in which the entire community of Thebes has fallen under a curse because of a miasma in their midst.

It is also relevant in Agamemnon, where the prophetess Cassandra seems to have the ability to sense miasma as well as see the invisible Furies that have come to settle on the house. MICROCOSM (cf. macrocosm ): The human body. Renaissance thinkers believed that the human body was a little universe that reflected changes in the macrocosm, or greater universe. MID VOWEL : In linguistics, any vowel sound made with the compare jaw and tongue positioned between the normal articulations for high and low vowels. An example of a mid-vowel would be the vowel sound in pate . MIDDLE COMEDY : Greek comedies written in best letter, the early 300s BCE, in which the exaggerated costumes and the chorus of the Old Comedy were eliminated. We have no surviving examples of these Middle Comedies, but they are alluded to and described in of two poems, other works. MIDDLE ENGLISH : The version of English spoken after the Norman Conquest from 1066 but before 1450 or so. Before the philosophical Norman Conquest, the common version of English was Old English or Anglo-Saxon , a Germanic language that is difficult to compare and contrast essay of two poems read without specialized training. An influx of Norman French and philosophical Latin vocabulary after the essay of two poems Normans conquered England resulted in rapid changes in spoken English. Between 1400-1450, a phenomenon known as the Great Vowel Shift occurred, and the pronunciation of vowels changed in English, resulting in Modern English (see below).

To avoid irritating your teacher, do not confuse Old English, Middle English, and Modern English. This diagram will help you contrast them. MIDDLE PASSAGE : The sea-voyage from buy a doctoral dissertation kissinger, Africa to the West Indies and/or the Americas commonly used by slave-traders. It plays a prominent part in slave-narratives and abolitionist literature, including works such as Aphra Behn's Oronooko and Olaudah Equiano's autobiography. MIDVERBS : As Kolln and Funk define it, midverbs are a group of verbs that have characteristics of compare and contrast essay of two both transitive and buy a doctoral kissinger intransitive verbs.

Like transitive verbs, they require a word following them--much like an object or a complement. However, the complements are not exactly like direct objects because they do not explain what or whom is receiving the action. Instead, the complements of midverbs provide information about amount or measurement (Kolln and Funk 55). Examples include the of two verbs weigh and cost (55). For instance, The corpse weighed two-hundred pounds. Essays! Here, weighed is and contrast essay poems a midverb. The word pounds is sort of doctoral dissertation like a direct object to the verb weighs , but since it shows an equivalence with corpse , it is sort of like a predicate noun or a subject complement also.

Kolln and Funk handle this blurred categorization by treating clauses with midverbs as Pattern VI sentences--i.e., they treat the complement as a mere adverbial. MILES GLORIOSUS (Lat. glorious soldier): The braggart soldier, a stock character in classical Roman drama. Compare Essay! The braggart soldier is cowardly but boasts of his past deeds, and he becomes involved in sexual catastrophes, bullying, and thievery. The miles gloriosus is frequently of low morals. Shakespeare probably based Falstaff in Renaissance literatureon the common miles gloriosus in classical literature. MILTONIC IMAGERY : Imagery made famous by Milton's poetry--especially Paradise Lost . Philosophical Counseling! Examples include the essay poems dark angels or twisted demons laboring at Pandemonium's construction deep below the earth in fiery shadow, especially when such imagery is taken in contrast with the pastoral tranquility of Eden or the pearly mansions of heaven afloat in glowing clouds. Likewise, the ru motif of the rejected, fallen, rebellious seraphim struggling against the Almighty's white lightning remains a haunting image in of two, Milton's poetry. These Miltonic images have influenced a great number of later literary works.

In H. G. Argument Analysis! Wells' The Time Machine , Wells used Miltonic imagery in the Morlocks and Eloi, where (it initially appears) the troglodytic Morlocks labor in compare and contrast essay, darkness under the earth and the child-like Eloi play in buy a kissinger, the blissful garden above. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein steals Miltonic imagery by casting the monster as both an poems, innocent Adam figure and simultaneously a rebellious Satan figure who rejects his maker as flawed and morally inferior. In many cases, Miltonic tradition shapes modern Christian iconography much more than the ancient Hebrew tradition of sheol itself. MIMESIS : Mimesis is best for teachers usually translated as imitation or representation, though the concept is much more complex than that and doesn't translate easily into compare of two English. Essay My Favorite Hobby! It is an compare essay of two, imitation or representation of something else rather than an attempt to literally duplicate the original.

For instance, Aristotle in The Poetics defined tragedy as the imitation [ mimesis ] of an action. In his sense, both poetry and drama are attempts to take an instance of application letter human action and represent or re -present its essence while translating it into a new medium of material. For example, a play about compare essay poems World War II is an attempt to take the essays essence of an actual, complex historical event involving millions of people and thousands of square miles over several years and recreate that event in a simplified representation involving a few dozen people in a few thousand square feet over a few hours. The play would be a mimesis of that historic event using stage props, lighting, and individual actors to convey the compare and contrast sense of what World War II was to the audience. In the same way, the process of mimesis might involve creating a film about World War II (translating the event into images projected onto a flat screen or monitor using chemical images on counseling, a strip of compare essay photosynthetic film), or writing a poem about World War II would constitute an attempt at distilling that meaning into my favorite syllables, stress, verse, and diction. Picasso might attempt to embody warfare as a montage of destruction--his painting Guernica is the compare and contrast result. The degree to which each form of art accurately embodies the resume essence of its subject determines (for many classical theorists of art) the degree of its success. Additionally, mimesis may involve ecphrasis --the act of and contrast poems translating art from one type of media into another.

A classical musician or composer might be entranced by an earlier bit of folkloric art, the legend of William Tell. He attempts to imitate or represent the stirring emotions of that story by creating a stirring song that has the same effect; thus, the famous The William Tell Overture results. A story has been translated into a musical score. It is also possible to attempt mimesis of one medium into the same medium. Trends In Wireless! For instance, American musician Aaron Copland was inspired by the simplicity of Quaker music, so he attempted to re-create that music mimetically in Appalachian Spring, much like he earlier attempted mimetically to essay poems capture the American spirit in Fanfare for the Common Man. In literature, ecphrasis is likewise used to nikita describe the way literature describes or mimics other media (other bits of art, architecture, music and so on). Compare And Contrast Essay Of Two Poems! For instance, Ode on a Grecian Urn is largely Keats' poetic attempt to capture the eternal and changeless nature of visual art depicted on argument analysis essay, an excavated piece of pottery. Chaucer's Knight's Tale involves an elaborate architectural recreation of essay poems three pagan temples, and the artwork on the walls of those temples, as well as the verbal construction of an entire coliseum to enclose a knightly combat.

These are both ecphrases seeking to turn one type of application for teachers non-verbal art into verbal art through mimetic principles. MINIMAL PAIR : Also called contrastive pairs , these are two words that differ by only a single sound, such as gin-pin . Linguists commonly use minimal pairs for illustrating subtle sound differences. MINNES Ä NGER : Any German minstril who writes poems and songs about courtly love in the medieval period. He is usually considered the German equivalent of the French troubadour . MINUSCULE : A small or lowercase letter, in contrast with majuscule , a large or capital letter. The invention of minuscule allowed for essay of two faster, more compact writing in scriptoria. MIRACLE OF THE VIRGIN : A vita or a miracle play that dramatizes some aspect of humanity activity, and ends with the doctoral kissinger miraculous intervention of the Blessed Virgin. See discussion under miracle play (below), and compare and contrast essay of two vita . MIRACLE PLAY : Not to be confused with medieval morality plays, a miracle play is research in wireless comm a medieval drama depicting either biblical stories, the miracle(s) performed by a saint, or the and contrast essay of two martyrdom of a saint in Christian traditions. (Some critics prefer the third definition and reject the essay my favorite hobby first two.) Miracle plays were usually presented in a cycle, such as dramas dealing with the Virgin Mary, the and contrast essay fall of man, and so on. Argument Essay! In France, a sharp division is compare essay of two made between a mystery play and a miracle play, but it is common for the terms to critical be used interchangeably elsewhere. Of Two Poems! Few examples of miracle plays survive in English (the oldest being Play of Saint Catherine from the buy a doctoral dissertation area of poems Dunstable), but in France, there remains a famous cycle of Les Miracles de Notre Dame , forty-two plays belonging to the second half of the 1300s written in octosyllabic couplets. An example of a modern miracle play is the Belgian writer Maurice Maeterlinck's Sister Beatrice . The general emphasis in a miracle play is to astonish and inspire the resume ru viewer with a sense of wonder at the numinous.

An entire subgenre of miracles of the virgin also exist. Contrast with morality play and mystery play . MIRROR PASSAGE : A section of of two a story that might not contribute directly to the plot (i.e., it contains characters divorced from the main narrative, and the events it deals with do not further the action) but which does reflect the basic concerns of the work in terms of theme, action, or symbolism or which seems to echo another scene, image, or situation. For instance, the Miller's story in The Canterbury Tales creates a love triangle to mock and mirror the love triangle in the Knight's earlier narrative, or the three daily hunts that mirror the best application letter for teachers tactics of the bedroom seduction in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight , or the way Aeneas's attempt to hug Creüsa's ghost thrice mirrors his attempt to embrace the ghost of compare essay of two his father Anchises in The Aeneid , or the inversion of words and tears that distinguishes Aeneas and Dido's two farewells--the first at Carthage and the second in the Underworld. See also mirror scene . MIRROR SCENE : A scene in nikita ru, a play or novel that does not contribute directly to the plot (i.e., it contains characters divorced from the main narrative, and the events it deals with do not further the action,) but which does mirror the and contrast poems basic concerns of the play or narrative in terms of essays philosophical counseling theme, action, or symbolism. For instance, the scene with the gardeners in Richard II relates symbolically to the fact that Richard, as king, is not tending his own little Eden, the compare and contrast essay of two poems isle of Britain.

The scene with Christopher Sly in essay my favorite dancing, the opening of The Taming of the Shrew does not relate directly to compare essay poems Petruchio's wooing of Kate, but it does establish the theme of argument analysis essay how appearance might not match reality. See also mirror passage . MLA : The acronym for the Modern Language Association. English students primarily know the and contrast of two poems MLA as the letter publisher of the MLA guidelines for research papers, the standard format used in American college English classes. Compare And Contrast Of Two Poems! Founded in 1883, this organization is a professional guild of sorts for professors and essay instructors of essay of two poems a variety of subjects: foreign languages, linguistics, composition, technical writing, philology, rhetoric, and buy a doctoral dissertation kissinger literature. Membership is particularly useful for students in graduate schools about to seek their first jobs. (Membership allows them access to the JIL, the compare poems Job Information Listings.) The organization hosts the doctoral dissertation kissinger MLA convention annually, where most interviews for instructor positions at colleges take place.

It also sponsors the poems PMLA journal and the MLA International Bibliography . You can learn more at the MLA website. MOCK EPIC : In contrast with an philosophical counseling, epic , a mock epic is essay poems a long, heroicomical poem that merely imitates features of the classical epic. The poet often takes an elevated style of language, but incongruously applies that language to mundane or ridiculous objects and situations. The mock epic focuses frequently on the exploits of an antihero whose activities illustrate the buy a doctoral kissinger stupidity of the class or group he represents. Various other attributes common to and contrast essay the classical epic, such as the invocation of the muse or the intervention of the gods, or the long catalogs of characters, appear in the mock epic as well, only to be spoofed. For instance, Alexander Pope's The Rape of the hobby Lock gives in hyperbolic language a lengthy account of how a 17th century lord cuts a lady's hair in order to steal a lock of it as a keepsake, leading to all sorts of social backlash when the woman is unhappy with her new hairdo. Compare And Contrast Of Two Poems! Lord Byron's Don Juan gives a lengthy list of the sexual conquests and catastrophes associated with a precocious young lord, Don Juan. Both are fine examples of the mock epic. In some ways, the research in wireless comm mock epic is the opposite of a travesty . See also spoof , satire . MOCK SERMON : A medieval genre commonly known as une sermon joyeux or une sermon joli , its conventions are that a non-clerical figure will present a humorous lecture on essay of two poems, a non-religious topic (sexuality and food being two common choices) using all the paper comm tropes and compare conventions of a normal homily --such as the introduction and explication of a Biblical passage, allusions to various intellectual figures, a series of exempla to essays philosophical prove the speaker's point, and a concluding invocation of prayer. Some critics have read Chaucer's Wife of Bath's Prologue as a mock sermon concerning a woman's place in marriage, for instance. For an excellent discussion of the sermon joyeux in connection with Chaucer, see volume 58 of the academic journal Speculum , pages 674-80.

MODERN ENGLISH : The English language as spoken between about 1450 and and contrast essay of two the modern day. The language you are speaking now and the language Shakespeare spoke are both considered examples of Modern English. Modern English is for teachers distinct from Middle English (spoken c. Compare And Contrast Of Two Poems! 1100 to 1400) in critical persuasive analysis essay, that vowels are pronounced differently after the Great Vowel Shift (1400-1450). Both Middle English and Modern English are distinct from Old English in that Old English and essay of two poems Middle English had numerous letters (such as the letters ash , thorn , and eth ) and some sounds (such as yogh ) that were used much more commonly. Old English also used elaborate declensions that have mostly fallen out of use in Modern English. To avoid irritating your teacher, do not confuse Old English, Middle English, and Modern English. In Wireless! This diagram will help you contrast them. A good rule of thumb is that, (a) if you can read it easily, it's probably modern English, (b) if you can read it with some difficulty, but there are many words misspelled and an occasional strange letter, it's probably Middle English, and compare and contrast (c) if you can't read it all, and it looks like a foreign language with letters you don't recognize, you are probably looking at Old English.

See Middle English and resume nikita Old English . MODERNISM : A vague, amorphous term referring to the art, poetry, literature, architecture, and and contrast essay poems philosophy of Europe and America in the early twentieth-century. Scholars do not agree exactly when Modernism began--most suggest after World War I, but some suggest it started as early as the late nineteenth century in France. Likewise, some assert Modernism ended with World War II or the bombing of Nagasaki, to be replaced with Postmodernism, or that modernism lasted until the 1960s, when post-structural linguistics dethroned it. Others suggest that the division between modernism and postmodernism is false, and that postmodernism is merely the essay my favorite dancing continuing process of Modernism. Under the general umbrella of Modernism, we find several art movements such as surrealism, formalism, and various avante-garde French movements. Professor Frank Kermode further divides modernism into paleo-modernism (1914-1920) and poems neo-modernism (1920-1942). However, these divisions are hardly agreed upon by historians and critics. In general, modernism is an early twentieth-century artistic marked by the following characteristics: (1) the desire to break away from established traditions, (2) a quest to find fresh ways to view man's position or function in the universe, (3) experiments in form and my favorite hobby style, particularly with fragmentation--as opposed to the organic theories of literary unity appearing in the Romantic and Victorian periods, and (4) a lingering concern with metaliterature . Cf. postmodernism . To see where modernism fits into a chronological listing of the major literary periods, click here for a pdf handout.

MOLOSSUS : A rare metrical foot of essay of two poems three-stressed syllables, such as might appear in hobby dancing, bacchic meter. It is also called a bacchic foot or a bachius .It is compare essay poems nonstandard in most English verse. MONDEGREN : A misheard song lyric or poetic line that results in a textual variant through faulty oral transmission. The result is often amusing in essay hobby dancing, nature. For example, the 1967 rock singer Jimi Hendrix had a set of and contrast essay lyrics in Purple Haze in which the speaker states in pantheistic bliss, 'Scuse me while I kiss the sky.

However, the background music garbled his pronunciation, and many confused listeners misinterpreted the line as 'Scuse me while I kiss this guy. Similarly, Appalachian immigrants brought with them a folksong from doctoral, England called The Golden Vanity, which originally speaks of sailing the Lowland Sea. After a few generations, the landlocked Appalachian descendants did not know what the compare and contrast of two poems Lowland Sea referred to any longer, and the singers created a mondegren, sailing the lonesome sea. Several literary works gain their titles from resume nikita ru, mondegrens, including Malachy McCourt's A Monk Swimming and J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye.

The original term mondegren to compare and contrast of two describe this sort of mistake first appeared in an essay by Sylvia Wright, which Harper's Magazine published in November of best application letter 1954. In the essay, The Death of Lady Mondegren, Wright recalled how she misinterpreted a line from the 17th-centrury ballad, The Bonny Earl O'Morray. Here, the original line reads, They hae slain the compare and contrast poems Earl O'Moray, / and laid him on the Green. She, however, heard, They hae slain the persuasive argument Earl O'Moray, / and Lady Mondegren. MONODY : Any elegy or dirge represented as the utterance of a single speaker. Compare with dramatic monologue . MONOGENESIS : The theory that, if two similar stories, words, or images appear in two different geographic regions or languages, they are actually related to each other rather than appearing independently.

Either one was the original source, and the others adopted it later, or all the surviving examples come from an older (possibly lost) source. Contrast with polygenesis . MONOLOGUE (contrast with soliloquy and interior monologue ): An interior monologue does not necessarily represent spoken words, but rather the internal or emotional thoughts or feelings of an individual, such as William Faulkner's long interior monologues within The Sound and The Fury . Monologue can also be used to refer to a character speaking aloud to himself, or narrating an account to an audience with no other character on compare and contrast essay of two poems, stage. Cf. dramatic monologue . MONOMYTH : Joseph Cambell, a psychoanaltyic and Jungian theorist, coined the phrase monomyth in his 1949 work, The Hero with a Thousand Faces . My Favorite Hobby! The phrase describes a particular recurring narrative structure in mythology that he felt resonated with human psychology. In narratology and mythographic studies, the monomyth or hero's journey is and contrast poems a common narrative pattern in which a young or inexperienced hero (or sometimes heroine) goes on a journey or adventure. After setbacks or disastrous failure, he receives assistance from companions and advice from a mentor figure or figures. Critical Persuasive Essay! He resumes the and contrast journey, and in a climactic point of the buy a doctoral story, symbolically dies, learns some hidden gnosis, and and contrast symbolically returns to life. He then wins a victory, and essays philosophical he returns home transformed by compare and contrast essay of two poems, the experience so that he can serve as a leader to his people. The chart would look like the following: STAGE I Call to adventure --some new threat or challenge appears in the protagonist's community.

STAGE II Supernatural aid --from a magical creature or magical object appears. STAGE III Confrontation --The hero confronts the threshhold of danger, often a guardian or villain, that thrwarts him. STAGE IV Education --Aid comes from a helper and/or mentor figures to show him how to bypass challenges and paper in wireless comm temptations. STAGE V Revelation --The hero experiences revelation--often in the form of an abyss or a symbolic death and rebirth. STAGE VI Resurrection --The hero is transformed, resurrected, or somehow makes atonment, often receiving a concrete or abstract gift from essay poems, a divine source like a god or goddess-figure. STAGE VII Return --The hero returns home. Dissertation Kissinger! Once there, he re-establishes order or peace, often becoming a new ruler.

MONOPHTHONG : In linguistics, Algeo defines this as A simple vowel with a single, stable quality (323) Simon Horobin calls it, a pure vowel with no change in quality (192). Compare Essay! Contrast with diphthong . My Favorite Hobby! See also monophthongization . MONOPHTHONGIZATION : The tendency of diphthongs to essay of two poems turn into simple vowels over argument essay, time, or the compare and contrast poems actual process by which diphthongs turn into such vowels. Contrast with diphthongization. MONORHYME : A poem or section of a poem in essays philosophical counseling, which all the lines have the same end rhyme. The rhyming pattern would thus look like this: AAAA AAAA, AAA AAA, or AA AA AA AA , etc. It is essay a common rhyme scheme in trends, Latin, Italian, Arabic, Welsh, and Slav poetry, especially in the Slav poetry of the oral-formulaic tradition.

Because of the fact that English nouns are not declined and our adjectives do not have gender consistently indicated by particular endings, it is much harder to and contrast poems make effective poetic use of monorhyme in the English poetry. However, Shakespeare makes frequent use of it is dissertation kissinger a bit of doggerel in his plays. For instance, in The Merchant of Venice , we find the compare and contrast of two following section in monorhyme: Seven times tried that judgment is. That did never choose amiss. Some there be that shadows kiss.

There be fools alive iwis, Silvered o'er, and on emerging trends comm so was this. Take what wife you will to bed. I will ever be your head. So be gone; you are sped. (2.9.62-71) MONOSYLLABIC : Having only one syllable. MOOD (from Anglo-Saxon, mod heart or spirit): (1) In literature, a feeling, emotional state, or disposition of poems mind--especially the essays counseling predominating atmosphere or tone of a literary work. Most pieces of literature have a prevailing mood, but shifts in this prevailing mood may function as a counterpoint, provide comic relief, or echo the changing events in compare of two poems, the plot. The term mood is often used synonymously with atmosphere and ambiance . Best Application! Students and critics who wish to discuss mood in their essays should be able to point to specific diction, description, setting, and characterization to illustrate what sets the mood. (2) In grammar, an aspect of verbs. Click here for more information on grammatical mood . MORALITY PLAY : A genre of medieval and early Renaissance drama that illustrates the way to live a pious life through allegorical characters.

The characters tend to be personified abstractions of vices and virtues. For instance, characters named Mercy and Conscience might work together to stop Shame and Lust from compare and contrast essay poems, stealing Mr. Best For Teachers! Poorman's most valuable possession, a box of gold labeled Salvation. Unlike a mystery play or a miracle play , a morality play does not necessarily use Biblical or strictly religious material, i.e., the morality play usually does not contain specific characters found in the Bible, such as saints or the disciples or Old Testament figures. Unlike the compare and contrast of two poems miracle play, which depicts astonishing and moving miraculous events believed to have occurred literally to essays counseling specific historical figures in specific settings, the morality play takes place internally and psychologically in every human being. The protagonist often has a name that represents this universality, such as Everyman, Mankind, Soul, Adam, or whatnot.

The most famous morality play is probably Everyman , a fifteenth-century drama in which a grim character named Death summons Everyman to judgment. Compare Essay Of Two Poems! On his way to meet Death, Everyman discovers that all his old buddies are abandoning him except one. His friend Good Deeds is the only one that will accompany him to essay my favorite hobby dancing meet Death, while Beauty, Fellowship, Kindred, Knowledge, and compare and contrast of two Strength fall by the wayside on his journey. Other famous examples include The Castle of buy a doctoral kissinger Perseverance and of two Mankind . Contrast with mystery play and miracle play . MORPHEME : Linguistically, the smallest collection of sounds or letters in a spoken or written word that has semiotic importance or significance--a unit of meaning that cannot be divided into tinier units of meaning. Dissertation! For instance, in the English word rerun , the prefix re- is a morpheme implying again and the word run is a morpheme implying an act of motion. Of Two Poems! If we try to cut the prefix re- into smaller collections of sounds ( /r/ and /I/ phonetically), these sounds no longer have meaning attached to paper trends them, and they are no longer morphemes.

Likewise, the compare essay morpheme run cannot be further subdivided into meaningful morphemes. Note that morphemes can be either free or bound . Typically, in English, individual syllables tend to be morphemes, though some occasional morphemes consist of single sounds. Paper Trends In Wireless! Contrast with grapheme and phoneme . MORPHOLOGY : The part of and contrast poems a language concerned with the structure of morphemes and how these morphemes combine. Linguists use this term in best letter for teachers, contrast with syntax . MORPHOSYNTAX : In linguistics, morphosyntax is an impressive word scholars use when most people would simply say grammar. It is the study of how parts of a sentence relate to each other. MOSAIC AUTHORSHIP : The medieval and Renaissance belief that Moses wrote all five books of the Pentateuch. And Contrast Essay Of Two! Click here for more discussion. MOT JUSTE, LE (French, The right word): A well-chosen, precise, or exact word, an critical persuasive argument essay, extremely appropriate or fitting bit of diction . MOTIF : A conspicuous recurring element, such as a type of incident, a device, a reference, or verbal formula, which appears frequently in works of literature. And Contrast Of Two! For instance, the application letter for teachers loathly lady who turns out to be a beautiful princess is a common motif in folklore, and the man fatally bewitched by essay poems, a fairy lady is a common folkloric motif appearing in Keats' La Belle Dame sans Merci. In medieval Latin lyrics, the nikita ru Ubi sunt ? [where are . . Compare Essay! .?] motif is common, in which a speaker mourns the lost past by repeatedly asking, what happened to the good-old days? (Where are the snows of yesteryear? asks Francois Villon.) The motif of the beheading game is common in buy a kissinger, Celtic myth, and so on. Frequently, critics use the word motif interchangeably with theme and leit-motif . See also folkloric motif . MOTIF OF THE DISGUISED KING : A common motif in folklore in which the king disguises himself and travels through his domains incognito . Examples include Prince Hal/Henry V in compare and contrast essay of two, Shakespeare's plays, in which the resume ru king dons a cloak to obscure his features and then walks among his troops to converse with them and get a sense of their morale before battle.

In Greek epics, Odysseus returns to compare essay of two poems his kingdom of Ithaca in disguise and skulks among the suitors to paper trends in wireless gather intelligence toward the end of The Odyssey . In The Lord of the and contrast essay poems Rings , Aragorn is the rightful king of the west, but he remains disguised as the homeless and impoverished Strider. See also the research paper on emerging comm motif of the hidden king , below. MOTIF OF THE HIDDEN KING : A common motif in compare and contrast poems, folklore in which the rightful king of a nation is absent or hidden away, but will one day be revealed and then triumphantly reclaim rule over his kingdom, ushering in a golden age. Examples in Arthurian literature include King Arthur, who is doctoral dissertation kissinger first hidden when Merlin spirits him away from Uther Pendragon while Arthur is an infant but later revealed as the true ruler when he draws the sword from the essay of two stone. Additionally, at the end of his life, when King Arthur is critical argument analysis wounded in the fight with Mordred, he sails away to Avalon in the West, but prophecy asserts he will return from Faerie to of two poems rule Britain again in the hour of the island's greatest need. In world religions, some branches of Islam believe in the Mahdi, a hidden Imam, a rightful spiritual ruler of the essays Muslim faithful who remains hidden but will eventually reveal himself and return to power.

Some Tolkien scholars identify Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings as another example of the compare and contrast essay poems motif. As Helen Armstrong notes: Aragorn has many of the marks of a mythical hidden king and true hero. His mother (and in an earlier draft his grandmother) prophesis on essay my favorite dancing, his behalf. At moments of drama a white flame appears on his brow. He loves a princess of the Elves. His marriage depends on his success, and the future of his kingdom depends on his marriage. He is supported and advised by compare and contrast of two, a powerful otherworldly woman, Galadriel, and he carries tokens of best letter his heritage and destiny (Andúril, the and contrast Elfstone). The last sapling of the White Tree of Gondor flowers to critical argument essay herald his marriage, and he is of two poems crowned in Gondor by Gandalf, the hierophant in the story. . . . He has powers (such as his ability to control the palantír ) that rest partly in his innate royal authority. (see Aragorn entry in Drout 23) MULTICULTURAL NOVEL : As Robert Harris defines the term in his glossary, a multicultural novel is.

A novel written by a member of or about a cultural minority group, giving insight into non-Western or non-dominant cultural experiences and values, either in the United States or abroad. Letter! Examples: • Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart. • Amy Tan, The Kitchen God's Wife. • Forrest Carter, The Education of compare and contrast poems Little Tree. • Margaret Craven, I Heard the Owl Call My Name. • James Baldwin, Go Tell It on the Mountain.

• Isaac Bashevis Singer, The Penitent. MULTICULTURALISM : In literature, multiculturalism is the belief that literary studies should include writings, poetry, folklore, and plays from a number of different cultures rather than focus on resume nikita ru, Western European civilization alone. See also Latino writing and Harlem Renaissance for and contrast poems two examples of multicultural writings. MULTIPLICATIVE : Most languages have various systems of numbering, typically at least two systems and sometimes many more. For instance, most languages distinguish between cardinal numbers (like one , two , or three in research paper on emerging in wireless, English or unus , duo , and tres in Latin) which indicate a tally and can function as adjectives or substantive adjectives, and ordinal numbers (such as first , second , and third in English or primus , secundus , and poems tertius in Latin), which indicate a sequence or ordering. However, a great number of other possible numbering systems exist among the world languages, some of which have no perfect correspondence in English. These include the following:

Multiplicative numbers indicate the number of times something multiplies or recurs, such as the English words single , double , triple , or quadruple , or the buy a dissertation kissinger Latin words simplex, duplex, triplex , and quater , etc. Proportional numbers indicate comparisons of degree, such as Latin duplus , triplus , quadruplus , etc. English has no directly comparable words, and must express proportion with phrases like twice as great as or three times as much, etc. Numeric adverbs indicate how many times or how often something happens, such as English once , twice , or thrice or the Latin terms semel , bis , ter , or quater , etc. Distributive numbers indicate how many of compare of two poems each or how many at a time, especially when parts of a large number are being distributed among a smaller group. Examples include Latin singuli , bini , terni , and quaterni . Research Paper On Emerging In Wireless Comm! English has no comparable system of single number-words, and it must express distributive ideas with phrases like one given to essay of two each one, two given to doctoral dissertation kissinger each one, three given to each one, etc. Partitive numbers indicate the and contrast essay of two number of parts in a greater whole, such as Latin binarius , ternarius , quaternarius , etc. English has no comparable system except for a few limited words like binary or trinary , and it must express more complex partitive ideas or larger numbers with phrases like consisting of twelve parts, or divided into eighteen components. Temporal numbers are single words refering to units of time in dissertation, the past, such as Latin bimus , trimus , etc.

English has no comparable system and must express temporal numbers in full phrases like two years ago or three minutes in the future or lasting for a period of seven hours, where other languages might use a single word to encompass that idea. MUSES, THE NINE : The nine daughters of compare and contrast of two Zeus and Mnemosyne who had the power to inspire artists, poets, singers, and writers. Research On Emerging Trends In Wireless! They are listed below along with their spheres of influence: MUSIC OF THE SPHERES : In medieval and Renaissance Europe, many scholars believed in a beautiful song created by the movement of the heavenly bodies (sun, moon, and planets). The music of spheres supposedly was infinitely beautiful, but humans were unable to hear it, either (a) because of their sinful separation from God, or (b) because they were so used to its presence, their minds automatically filtered it out as background noise. This medieval idea influences C. S. Lewis and compare and contrast essay of two poems J.R.R. Buy A Kissinger! Tolkien's fantasy literature, in which Aslan creates Narnia through an act of singing and the elder gods of Middle-Earth build the universe through a symphony that incorporates Melkor's awful, rebellious song into the larger harmonies of the grand creator.

MUTATION : A change in a vowel sound caused by compare of two, another sound in the following syllable. In Old English and in Celtic languages like Irish Gaelic and counseling Welsh, the type of mutation called i -mutation was especially common. Another common type is the eclipsis mutation, a mutation in which a basic consonant sound is eclipsed or replaced by a stronger sound in a preceding word. For a chart of the most common Irish mutations as examples, click here. MYSTERY CULT : Unlike the and contrast essay of two official public cults dedicated to the Olympian gods in ancient Greece and Rome, a number of religious practices involved chthonic deities (like Demeter) and imported foreign gods (Ishtar, Osiris, Mithras, etc.). The cults often shared features such as ritual washing or cleansing in the form of baptism, ritual christening or renaming, symbolically dying and being born again, etc. Possibly some may have offered the counseling hope of an afterlife through metempsychosis (unlike standard Greek and poems Roman belief which emphasized a gloomy stay in the underworld). Others--in the paper on emerging in wireless case of Dionysian worshippers--ritually slew the god and essay poems ate him or drank his blood symbolically in the form of on emerging comm wine. Regardless of specific varying details, these mystery cults shared a common element of secrecy--a distinction between the uninitiated outsider who did not share in their special blessings and the initiated cult member who did. Compare Essay! The cult rituals were held to research paper trends comm be so sacred that it was blasphemous to reveal them to outsiders, even to speak of them, describe them, or write them down in any way.

The rites were often held in inaccessible areas far from the compare and contrast essay of two local city--on mountain-tops or sea-shores or in catacombs. Some, like the mystery cult of Demeter, were open to any prospective members regardless of race, gender, or nationality as long as they spoke sufficient Greek to participate in the rituals. Others were open to certain professions, such as the cult of Mithras which only allowed soldiers to join after an initial baptism in essays philosophical, bull's blood. Others were restricted by family (such as local versions of the Lykian wolf cult) or partly restricted by gender (such as the of two poems maenads of resume Dionysus). MYSTERY CYCLE : A collection of mystery plays in a single manuscript meant to of two be performed sequentially. See discusion under mystery play , below. MYSTERY NOVEL : A novel focused on suspense and paper on emerging in wireless solving a mystery--especially a murder, theft, kidnapping, or some other crime. The protagonist faces inexplicable events, threats, assaults, and unknown forces or antagonists. Compare Essay Of Two Poems! Conventionally, the hero is a keenly observant individual (such as Sherlock Holmes) and the police are depicted as incompetent or incapable of solving the crime by themselves. Many of the works of research paper on emerging trends in wireless Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Edgar Allan Poe, and Agatha Christie are mystery novels. And Contrast Essay Poems! Note that this term should not be confused with the medieval mystery play , below.

MYSTERY PLAY : A religious play performed outdoors in the medieval period that enacts an event from the Bible, such as the story of ru Adam and Eve, Noah's flood, the compare and contrast of two poems crucifixion, and so on. Critical! Although the origins are uncertain, Mary Marshall and other early scholars like E. K. Chambers (author of compare poems The Medieval Stage , 1903) suggested that the research trends plays developed out of the Latin liturgy of the church, in particular out compare and contrast essay of two poems of the philosophical counseling Quem Quaeritis trope of Easter Day festivals. These early Easter Day dramatic performances took place in the churchyard. Later, these plays gradually became secular and used vernacular languages rather than Latin, and they gradually moved out of the churchyard and ecclesiastical control, becoming outdoor performances controlled by the craftsmen in each city, according to this theory. Other scholars such as V. And Contrast Essay Poems! A. Kolve refute this idea, however. In any case, we do know that these religious plays were staged and performed by secular audiences. Typically, the various guilds in each city (such as the Carpenters' Guild, the Butchers' Guild, and so on) would sponsor and perform one play during the Corpus Christi festival, competing with each other for essay dancing the most elaborate performance.

Each guild would mount the play on a large wagon with a curtained scaffold, with the lower part of the wagon used as a dressing room. Between forty and compare essay of two fifty of these wagons (one for each guild) would move from spot to spot in critical analysis, the city, so that spectators could watch several performances in a single day. The plays often involved elaborate representations of heaven and hell, mechanical devices to create special effects, and lavish costuming. The dramatizations became increasingly elaborate, and essay of two they show signs of developing psychological realism. Essay My Favorite Hobby! The use of and contrast essay of two poems mystery in the name may originate in either the idea of spiritual mysteries, which were the focus of each play, or it may result from the Latin word misterium (a guild). The mystery plays were an important precursor to the miracle plays and morality plays (see above) in medieval drama, and they set the stage for the flowering of Renaissance drama that was to come with Shakespeare. Note that this term should not be confused with the Victorian and modern mystery novel , above. MYSTIC WRITERS : See discussion under mystics , below. MYSTICS : In the word's most general sense, mystics are religious visionaries who experience divine insights. In medieval scholarship, the essay my favorite hobby term mystics or mystic writers is often used as a collective term for compare essay poems a group of late fourteenth-century and early fifteenth-century eremites in England who wrote mystical works in Middle English and Latin. These include the for teachers anchoress Julian of compare essay poems Norwich, who wrote The Book of Showings ; the illiterate mystic Margery Kempe, who dictated her autobiography The Book of kissinger Margery Kempe to essay two scribes; Richard Rolle, the author of Love is Love that Lasts for essays counseling Aye; and compare essay of two poems the anonymous author of The Cloud of Unknowing . On the continent, other famous mystics include Saint Teresa of Avila, Hildegard of buy a dissertation Bingen, and Saint Francis of Assissi.

The mystic writers are marked by the use of vivid (and sometimes confusing) imagery , intense emotional pathos (in the case of Margery Kempe), paradox (in the case of Richard Rolle), and compare essay an intense desire to verbalize what is largely a nonverbal experience (in the case of critical argument nearly every mystic). Mystics--regardless of religious background--are often marked by an experience in which they perceive the universe as a unity or in which they feel a sense of being one with the divine. Compare And Contrast Essay Of Two! We see signs of this tendency in essays, Julian of Norwich's vision of poems Christ's blood, which transforms into resume raindrops falling from the side of a roof and then in turn transforms into the scales on compare and contrast of two poems, a herring, as if God's physical form were embodied in the entire universe. In a more general sense, the author of the book of Revelation in the Bible (commonly attributed to essay my favorite hobby dancing John of Patmos), and the poetry of William Blake are said to be visionary or mystical in nature, though scholars usually do not place them in the same category as the medieval mystics. On the other hand, much of religious poetry and compare and contrast of two poems writing is not particularly mystic in its nature--as witnessed by C. S. Paper On Emerging Trends In Wireless! Lewis' The Screwtape Letters or the poetry of Milton and Gerard Manley Hopkins, all three of which are profoundly religious, but which do not necessarily represent a struggle to verbalize an intense religious vision in the same manner as a mystic writer. MYTH : While common English usage often equates myth with falsehood, scholars use the term slightly differently. A myth is a traditional tale of compare essay deep cultural significance to a people in terms of etiology , eschatology , ritual practice, or models of appropriate and inappropriate behavior. The myth often (but not always) deals with gods, supernatural beings, or ancestral heroes.

The culture creating or retelling the myth may or may not believe that the research in wireless myth refers to literal or factual events, but it values the mythic narrative regardless of its historical authenticity for compare poems its (conscious or unconscious) insights into trends comm the human condition or the model it provides for cultural behavior. See also folklore , legend , mythography , mythos , and mythology . MYTHOGRAPHY : The commentary, writings, and interpretations added to myths. Medieval writers, such as the four anonymous scribes collectively called the Vatican Mythographers, would take Greek and and contrast of two poems Roman myths and write elaborate Christianized allegories to explain the resume ru meaning of the compare text. Another example of medieval mythography is the Ovid moralisée , a retelling of Ovid's Metamorphoses in which French scribes interpret the legends as Christological commentary on the New Testament. MYTHOLOGY : A system of stories about the gods, often explicitly religious in nature, that possibly were once believed to be true by a specific cultural group, but may no longer be believed as literally true by nikita ru, their descendents. Like religions everywhere, mythology often provided etiological and eschatological narratives (see above) to help explain why the world works the way it does, to and contrast essay provide a rationale for customs and observances, to establish set rituals for sacred ceremonies, and to predict what happens to individuals after death. If the protagonist is best application a normal human rather than a supernatural being, the traditional story is usually called a legend rather than a myth. If the story concerns supernatural beings who are not deities, but rather spirits, ghosts, fairies, and other creatures, it is usually called a folktale or fairy tale rather than a myth (see folklore , below). Samples of myths appear in the writings of Homer, Virgil, and Ovid.

MYTHOPOEIA (Greek myth-making or myth-poetry): (1) J. R. R. Tolkien's neologism for the deliberate creation of artificial myth , especially the incorporation of traditional mythic archetypes into compare poems current fiction, whether that fiction be something akin to Virgil's propaganda in The Aeneid , the Romantic poetry of doctoral kissinger William Blake, or the fantasy literature of C.S. Lewis or Tolkien himself. Tolkien connected mythopoeia with his theological doctrine of subcreation (q.v.) (2) Tolkien's poem of the same title, which he wrote in response to and contrast essay of two an argument he and essay hobby the other Inklings had regarding C.S. Lewis' atheism shortly after September 19, 1931. C.S. Lewis initially felt he could not believe in compare and contrast, a literal resurrection of Christ because the narrative pattern in the Gospels echoed much older myths about sacrificial dying gods, as detailed at length in Sir James Frazer's The Golden Bough . He thus thought that the Gospel stories, though breathed through silver, were merely pretty lies. Tolkien's counter-argument was that, even though much older versions of the story existed before the time of resume nikita Christ, that did not matter.

Tolkien argued that, what God did in compare and contrast essay, the incarnation and crucifixion was to take the older stories and make them literally true. Our older myths expressed man's deepest longest for redemption and resurrection, and critical persuasive argument analysis that God chose to fulfill those ancient desires by compare, giving Christ to humanity--and thus the older myth could be made flesh and walk among us. MYTHOS : (1) Approaching the world through poetic narrative and traditional ritual rather than rational or logical thought. (2) The collected myths of a specific culture in a general sense rather than in reference to one particular narrative or character. For instance, we might refer specifically to the myth of Hercules fighting the Hydra, the buy a doctoral dissertation myth of Kali drinking demons' blood, or the myth of the giant Ullikummis, but we would more generally say these tales belong to the Greek mythos , the Hindu mythos , or the Hittite mythos , respectively. Cf. Compare! mythology .

Essay Writing Service -
Compare And Contrast Two Poems Essay Research

The 25 Worst Business Failures in compare poems, History. It is said that up to 50% of businesses fail within five years of best for teachers, inception. Most of these business start and end in obscurity. A few of them, however, start up with the verve of compare and contrast of two, a cannonball, only to crash with equal fanfare. Some of the companies listed below, like Enron and DeLorean, exemplify this cataclysmic appeal. Others, like Pan Am and persuasive argument, Woolworth’s, just tug at our heartstrings. Check out the 25 worst business failures in history below: 25.

Fashion Cafe. Want some Newports with that iceberg lettuce? A restaurant that serves gargantuan burgers and essay of two, fried appetizers founded by buy a a bunch of supermodels and compare and contrast of two poems, fey fashionistas didn’t work? Hmm, I wonder why. Counseling? “The $20 Salad Extraordinaire,” created exclusively for Naomi Campbell, reportedly consisted of a glass of champagne, a pack of Newports and two slices of tomato accompanied by an iceberg leaf. Famed restaurateur Tommaso Buti was the “brains” behind the operation.

He over-franchised the cafes, was accused of mismanagement, then followed Christy Turlington in selling his stake in the company. Compare Of Two? Buti, already accused of defrauding investors, was arrested in 2000 and kissinger, charged with wire fraud, conspiracy, money laundering, and transportation of stolen property. A legend turns into and contrast essay poems a men’s store. In 2006, after 33 years of offering up legends like the Talking Heads, Blondie, Misfits and the stalwart Ramones, CBGB, the most famous underground alt-rock/punk club in dissertation kissinger, the world, closed its doors. It was shuttered to make way for a high-end men’s fashion store.

Patti Smith gave the historic club an emotional, if punk, goodbye by tearing the stage and room apart. Compare And Contrast? Ironically, the very same shrine that so many skinny-jean hipsters and adrenaline-fueled punks would come to mourn was originally started by Hilly Kristal as a venue for his favorite music: “Country, Blue Grass and Blues.” In 1958, Ford’s newest vehicle, launched on “E-Day,” flailed, flopped, and nikita, imploded. Compare Essay Of Two Poems? Ford kept the Edsel under wraps as a new kind of futuristic, experimental car. One fateful day in 1958, the critical analysis, Edsel was revealed…and immediately faceplanted. This car of the future was blah by anyone’s standards. By November 1959, when Ford finally mercy-killed the Edsel, it had lost an estimated $250 million–nearly $2 billion in today’s dollars. Compare Poems? Edsel is on emerging comm, now synonymous with a marketing business failure. The name says it all. Flooz.com blew through up to and contrast essay of two, $50 million dollars trying to convince new Internet users that money online would work like frequent flier miles or gift cards. Part of that money went to a notoriously bad ad campaign featuring Whoopi Goldberg (before she was cool again).

And the name? Flooz is derived from the Arabic word for money. In August, 2001 the company folded their chairs and went home. Apparently, people could just use their credit cards. Whoops! 21. The Hit Factory. A New York classic goes condo. Deep in New York, in the heart of Hell’s Kitchen, The Hit Factory was one the resume, world’s most recognized recording Studios. Started by Edward Germano in 1975, it saw everyone from Tony Bennett to U2 record amazing tracks.

After Germano’s death in 2003, his wife Janice took over compare and contrast essay, operations. Citing the “digital age,” she closed the doors and critical persuasive analysis essay, sold the building, moving the compare of two, operations to an existing Hit Factory in Miami. Buy A? Troy Germano, Edward’s son, later acknowledged publicly that his mother simply closed it out of greed. She wanted to move to Miami and thought she could make good money on the building’s sale. It is now a luxury condominium complex, with prices starting at $1 million. I could give you facts, figures, and dates to support why Betamax failed so miserably, but that would be a blog post unto itself. Suffice it to say: Betamax was bulky, complicated, ugly, expensive, publicly ridiculed, horribly marketed, disdained by the media, and only capable of limited recording and playback.

The capper? Most Hollywood movies that people rented were just a little bit over one hour. Too bad…and good riddance. The “Flying Bank” ends up buried. The former national airline of compare and contrast essay, Switzerland, Swissair, used to be so financially stable that it was known as the “Flying Bank.” Founded in 1931, Swissair epitomized international transportation until the dissertation kissinger, late 1990s, when the airline’s board decided to follow an and contrast essay aggressive borrowing and acquisition policy called the Hunter strategy. Then, the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 put a void in the company’s plans Swissair found itself hamstrung with debt. Unlike some other airlines, however, Swissair couldn’t handle the financial hit.

Mismanagement and paper on emerging trends comm, bad ideas—trundling large sums of compare and contrast, cash to purchase fuel at best letter foreign airports, for compare and contrast essay of two poems, example—left the airline gasping for oxygen. In 2002, Switzerland was embarrassed to lose its national icon for good. 18. Ponzi’s Security Exchange Company. Bernie Madoff’s famous forebear. It’s quite an achievement to on emerging trends, have a breed of financial scam named after yourself. Charles Ponzi, an Italian immigrant, ran a staggering 6-month pyramid scheme in 1920 by gaining investments (over $15 million) from an ever-growing pool of more than 40,000 investors.

Ponzi would use “profits” from new investors to pay “interest” to old ones. Using a trade system of international reply coupons for postage stamps and leveraging exchange rates, Ponzi made a lot of people money through the compare essay poems, “Securities Exchange Company,” which claimed to leverage exchange rates through an international postage stamp reply coupon trading system (this mouthful of a phrase reminds me of how people described derivatives in 2008). But his scheme ruined lives–including Charles’ own. After jumping a few bails, he did prison time from 1926 through 1934. Years later, he died, penniless, in a Brazil charity hospital, half-blind and partially paralyzed. The bad economy bullies Woolies towards its own demise. Brits, who held “Woolies” close to their hearts, were were crushed when this comfort food and houseware retailer closed its last 807 stores after nearly 100 years of service on High Street and beyond. At one time, Woolworths was the leading music retailer in the entire U.K. During the philosophical, 1950s and 60s, the store was instrumental to the Beatles’ sales success Indeed, Woolies also played a role in breaking Madonna to compare and contrast essay of two, the rest of the world.

Hey, she’s a Brit now. Maybe she’ll pony up the cash to save them? Not likely. 16. Premier Smokeless Cigarette. Taste-wise, charcoal just doesn’t cut it. A smokeless cigarette has been the essays philosophical, holy grail of tobacco ever since Reagan lit up a Chesterfield on broadcast TV. Compare And Contrast Of Two Poems? In an effort to reduce the essay my favorite, harmful effects of inhaling cigarette smoke, RJ Reynolds launched the Premier cigarette, a “smokeless nicotine delivery mechanism that looks and feels like a premium cigarette,” in 1988. The product ended up a miserable flop. Not only did this expensive cig taste like charcoal, it ended up being employed by drug users as a handy “delivery mechanism” for substances other than tobacco.

The cost of the and contrast poems, project? A cool $1 billion. 15. Bre-X Minerals. Fool’s gold strikes again. If someone tells you they’ve struck gold on the isle of Borneo, grab your money and run the other way. In 1995, Bre-X Minerals was a tiny mining company based in Calgary with stock worth under $1 when they announced they had found extensive deposits of Gold in essay, Busang, Indonesia. And Contrast Of Two? As a result, their stock shot to almost $300 CAD a share. Research? A series of compare and contrast, strange events, including a man fallen from a helicopter and eaten by nikita ru tigers, roused enough suspicion to unravel the fraud.

By 199, an outside analysis of the and contrast, sites samples revealed that Bre-X had faked their findings by “salting” samples with gold dust. Within weeks, the NASDAQ and argument analysis, TSX delisted the company, which at one point held a market cap of $4.4 billion. Investors slapped their foreheads, and compare and contrast, Bre-X Minerals slunk into research on emerging comm history as a major business failure. On July 11, 2008 the essay of two, FDIC seized the assets of the largest Savings and research paper trends comm, Loan in Los Angeles and the 7th largest loan originator in the country. The seizure sparked rumors of bank runs. It also gave the public the first real, Main Street glimpse of the compare and contrast, Financial Crisis of 2008. IndyMac was founded in 1995 as Countrywide Mortgage Investment.

Its purpose was to provide a means of collateralizing loans too high in value for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to service. At the time of its seizure, IndyMac held nearly $30 billion in assets, making it the fourth largest bank failure in history. 13. Edison Records. First isn’t always best. It’s always difficult being first.

Thomas Edison founded the nikita ru, first record company and invented the phonograph, the first device made for essay of two poems, recording and playback of sound, in 1877. This achievement led to all of the music industry as we now know it. Surprisingly, it was also the first dictaphone in history used by businesses. World War I shortened the supply of materials Edison could use for his highly secret wax recipe, used in manufacturing. The company’s market share fell. As other companies seized the opportunity the my favorite, make “needle-cut” records (an Edison Labs invention) Edison Records lost customers and credibility. And Contrast Essay Of Two? It closed its doors in 1929. 12. Tucker Automobiles.

There’s a reason only four of them ever died. The ambitious car company that Preston Tucker started was only in business one year (‘47-‘48). It produced a mere of 51 cars, but its story remains enshrined in museums, car clubs, film and even a video game where everyone drives a Tucker. The fatal flaw? Offering customers the ru, option to buy their accessories before their car was built. This program started a witch-hunt by the SEC. Amid accusations of fraud and the “Big Three’s” influence over government, Tucker Automobiles went belly-up.

I will spare you the argument of whether it was the best car ever made, but out of that original 51, 47 Tuckers still exist today. Let that be your clue. 11. Sharper Image. Buy, but do not inhale. Started in 1977 as a catalog selling jogging watches, the Sharper Image eventually grew into a high-end customer electronics store.

As iPods and other branded, high-tech items took over the store’s traditional market share, it launched into the infomercial business with the Oreck vacuum and Ionic Breeze. Unfortunately, the Ionic Breeze did not purify the air as it said it did. After losing a lawsuit against Consumer Reports for a negative review, the testing company released findings that the Ionic breeze actually produced trace levels of ozone. In 2008, the compare and contrast essay poems, store went bankrupt, forcing shoppers to buy their overpriced, Japanese made, brushed steel, throw-away executive gifts elsewhere. 10. Washington Mutual Bank. WaMu was America’s largest Savings and Loan association, the sixth largest bank in dissertation kissinger, the U.S., and (drumroll please…) the poems, largest bank failure in history.

Let that sink in for a minute. After a 10-day run on on emerging trends in wireless comm, the bank in compare essay, late September 2008, with total withdrawals in excess of research comm, $16 billion USD–almost 10% of the deposits–the FDIC seized WaMu’s assets. JPMorgan Chase bought WaMu subsidiaries the next day for compare and contrast essay of two, what many suspect at essays pennies on compare and contrast essay poems, the dollar. Resume Nikita Ru? The holding company is currently in compare essay of two, Chapter 11. They made the E crooked for a reason. Enron was an energy sector leader that started to dabble in e-commerce and exotic investment areas, such as weather futures.

In 2001, Enron, once valued at $90 billion and philosophical, the 7th largest company in the United States, went bankrupt. It took jobs, investor savings, retiree futures and even some lives with it. In following years, it emerged that they shredded documents, started partnerships with their own shell companies, and engaged in massive inside trading. Enron is compare and contrast essay poems, now synonymous with the business outcomes of galloping greed. Go digital or die. Shake it like a Polaroid picture! You know you’re good when your name is the product. (Hello, Kleenex). But while you and I were buying our first digital camera, printing pictures and buy a doctoral, later taking photos with our phones and PDA’s, the execs at Polaroid were snapping and shaking their pictures into oblivion.

So loved was the brand that countless people took daily shots of and of two poems, created art, diaries and literature using these magical snapshots taped to research trends in wireless comm, their walls or to the street. Compare Of Two Poems? The leader of an amazing niche technology that so enriched anyone born before 1980, Polaroid went bankrupt in on emerging trends in wireless, 2005. And Contrast Essay Of Two Poems? The name may emerge again, but the brand and the impact will always be retro. 7. Atkins Nutritionals. Fadkins takes a bad fall. Apparently, bread won. Remember when all of your friends ordered their lunch without the bun and research paper, no potatoes, but with lard-laden beef and cheese? Atkins engineered the compare and contrast of two poems, “low-carb” craze, a fad diet claiming you could “lose fat by eating fat.” Dr. Robert Atkins released Dr. Atkins’ Diet Revolution in 1972. In 1992, revised version gained popularity; the fad really took off at ru the beginning of millennium.

Questions arose from the compare of two poems, medical community about the diet’s long-term effects. Countless others, from the FDA to top chefs, also lined up to take shots at it. In 2003, it was reported to a skeptical public that the good doctor slipped on an icy sidewalk and died. The company went bankrupt within two years amidst the essays philosophical counseling, suspicion that his diet killed him. Meanwhile, a fickle public ditched low-card for the next fad.

A year later, a leaked medical examinations report revealed that Dr. Atkins, 72, had a history of heart attack and congestive heart failure. He weighed 258 pounds at compare of two death. 6. Bethlehem Steel. When service kills steel.

Everything you know about historic America has Bethlehem Steel in it. Essay Hobby? Founded when James Buchanan was our nation’s president, Bethlehem Steel was the backbone of the first blasting furnace, railroads, skyscrapers, coal, nuclear reactors, warships, cargo vessels, large construction projects like arenas, and other major infrastructural accomplishments. However, the company never adjusted to the new service-based economy that gained ground in the 1990s. Cheap imports worsened the situation. Bethlehem Steel, a piece of essay poems, American history, disappeared forever when it filed for bankruptcy in 2001. Pet’s can’t drive, and critical persuasive analysis essay, sock puppets make bad spokespeople, but Pets.com made the dot-com bubble their own in 2000.

They overexpanded by opening a nationwide network of warehouses nationwide too quickly (taking a hint from Starbucks). Unfortunately, profits never caught up with media buys for and contrast, commercials. In marketing, nothing is worse than having everyone know who you are and no one interested in what you sell. Widely recognized as the icon or poster child for essays counseling, dot-com failure, its stock went from over $11 in early 2000 to just $.19 on Election Day that same year, when the compare and contrast poems, company closed its doors. 4. White Star Lines’ “Titanic” A disaster of titanic proportions. White Star Lines, which built the Titanic, has oddly disappeared from the lore surrounding the fated giant. The fated vessel was conceived of in 1907, when executives Bruce Ismay and Lord Pirrie drastically changed and expanded their shipping transportation business to compete with Cunard’s new luxury oceanliners. The result was a line of gargantuan luxury liners that moved more passengers and freight than anyone else on the market. Three ships came out of the venture: The Olympic, the Titanic, and the Brittanic. You know the rest of the story.

Cue the music! 3. Commodore Computers. You can’t kill the C64. Between 1983-1986, Apple, IBM, and Atari computer were quaking in their boots. Critical Persuasive? The reason? The Commodore 64 was selling 2 million units a year and dominated nearly 50% of the compare and contrast of two, total market. As the company tried to innovate by releasing the Commodore plus/4, a faster, smarter version with a color screen, they alienated their original customer base. The new model was incompatible with the cherished C64.

Commodore tried to discontinue the philosophical counseling, old line in the US by compare and contrast of two 1990 and announced it would stop shipping them in 1995. The tactic didn’t work. Dissertation Kissinger? Customers all over Europe continued to snap up the C64s until it became impossible for the company to manufacture them at a reasonable price without selling new, more expensive models. As they say, “you can’t kill the compare poems, C64.” The company went bankrupt in the spring 1994. 2. DeLorean Motor Company. A man, his cocaine, and his car. As is buy a doctoral kissinger, often the case in the automobile industry, it’s hard to separate the man from the vehicle. John DeLorean was a hero amongst the very rich for essay of two, creating the kind of car the resume, future promised.

With a stainless steel-skinned body, sleek lines and doors that opened vertically (gull wings), his DMC-12 hit the streets in 1980. Compare And Contrast Essay Of Two? Over the next three years, only 8,900 cars would be made. The car played a feature role in “Back to the Future” and become a potent status symbol. Then, in research paper on emerging trends comm, 1983, a sting revealed John on tape saying “this cocaine is essay, as good as gold,” referring to a suitcase full of drugs valued at $24 million. Later acquitted on entrapment grounds and nikita, cleared of of two, defrauding his partners, he would never gain the investor’s trust again. The icon that didn’t pan out. It’s amazing how a country’s identity can be so closely tied to a business.

Such was the case with PanAm. Founded in essays counseling, 1927, the airline was a part of American culture for the better part of the 20th century. It led the and contrast of two, industry in international flights and luxury travel. It was also the first airline to make widespread use of jumbo jets, and the first to buy a dissertation, use an air staff of stewardesses as a PR focal point. Little girls grew up wanting to be PanAm stewardesses, and boys grew up wanting to pilot one of the fleet. Heck, the Beatles arrived on one. Compare Essay Of Two Poems? Unfortunately, as an American icon, PanAm was also a target for terrorism. A few horrific incidents, coupled with the increased global competition that came with deregulation, caused the airline—and its accompanying era—to collapse in 1991. Currently, I create and execute content- and philosophical, PR strategies for essay, clients, including thought leadership and messaging.

I also ghostwrite and produce press releases, white papers, case studies and other collateral.

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
Compare and Contrast Two Poems of Love

100 Exploratory Essay Topic Ideas. Compare Essay! VirginiaLynne has been a University English instructor for over 20 years. She specializes in helping people write essays faster and easier. These essays don't try to provide just one answer to a question. Instead, they look at all the essay my favorite hobby dancing different positions people hold on that topic. And Contrast Of Two Poems! News reports and textbooks often use this sort of research on emerging in wireless writing. Should parents have equal authority over children?

What effect does religion have on parenting and family life? Is same-sex parenting can be just as effective as conventional parenting? Is adoption is a good way to build a family? Should single, childless, individuals should be allowed (or encouraged) to compare and contrast of two poems, adopt? Do children of divorced single parents have more behavior problems? Can single parents raise a child just as well as two parents? Should the dancing government continue to support adoption tax credits to encourage adoption? What are the most important things for compare essay poems, parents to do? Should surrogate parenting be allowed? Is being a surrogate parent a noble thing to do?

Is having biological children important? What is a family? Should step-parents adopt a spouse's children whenever possible? Should the government make childcare more affordable so women could continue their careers and have children more easily? Should parents be the primary caretakers and teachers of their children? What is the effect of technology such as cell phones on family life? What is the counseling effect of pets on and contrast essay family life? Should parents allow children to have pets? How important is it that elderly relatives have a part in family life? Should families be caretakers of buy a doctoral dissertation kissinger elderly relatives rather than have them in nursing homes?

Argue for a particular position. Present your own view as the main point. Try to solve anything. Seek to understand a topic thoroughly. Look at three or more sides of an issue. Use an objective tone and compare and contrast poems, style. Dissertation Kissinger! Sometimes conclude with your own opinion. Who is responsible for poems, reducing carbon emissions? Is China the next global superpower? Should cloning humans be banned? What should be the role of the U.S. in persuasive argument essay supporting Israel?

What should be done to compare and contrast of two, provide enough water for everyone? What will happen with the essay my favorite hobby European Union in the next 10 years? What responsibility does America have to and contrast essay of two, promote human rights around the essay my favorite world? Should American soldiers continue to stay in the Middle East? What should be the role of the United Nations? Is organic produce really better? Can music and art be used to help prisoners rehabilitate?

Should organ donation be mandatory? How should costs of health care be paid for? Should there be limits on the political advertisements and who pays for them? Should there be limits on compare and contrast essay media sexuality and violence? Should professional women athletes be paid more? What is the cause of the essays philosophical increase in obesity in the United States? How can the problem of increased problems with body image among young men be solved? What is the best dieting plan for and contrast of two, maintaining a healthy weight?

Should advertisements use regular people rather than super thin models? Will the new, more normal body sizes of Barbie dolls help girls develop better body images? Do men have body image problems? How can we help young men and women develop healthy body images? How important is it to have a good self-image? Is marathon running a good thing to do to paper on emerging in wireless comm, your body? What is the best way for men to of two poems, compliment women's physical appearance?

Should college be free? How should college be made more affordable? How should colleges encourage students to study and do well in dancing class? Should there be a limit on the use of technology in schools? Should schools switch over to all digital textbooks? How should we stop school shootings? How can the physical spaces in classrooms be made to help kids learn? What can be done to make schooling opportunities more equal? What is the and contrast essay of two best way to study for a test? How can students avoid procrastination and manage time better? What is the effect of coffee on young people?

Does it help them learn better? Is it a problem that more women than men go to college? How can the United States make sure we retain our technical edge in the global marketplace? Should young people marry early to avoid premarital sexual temptation? What are the essay hobby negative effects of divorce on children? How soon do children recover from a divorce? What are the effects of marrying as teenagers? What are the disadvantages/or advantages/or struggles of and contrast essay of two interracial marriage? What are the disadvantages (or advantages, or struggles) of marrying someone of another faith? What are the advantages (or advantages, or struggles) of monogamous marriages vs. polygamy?

Do marriages of people who are of the same ethnicity/race work better? Are arranged marriages suppressing to those involved? Is love the most important factor in choosing a spouse? Is being best friends is the most important factor in choosing a spouse? Does sex before marriage hurt, or help the marriage? Does living together before the marriage help or hurt the marriage? How important is it that parents approve of doctoral dissertation a marriage?

How do different beliefs in compare and contrast essay of two God affect a marriage? Is it better to stay single and not marry? What are the components of a healthy marriage? Is a marriage better if the man is the main breadwinner? They say “opposites attract” but is being different helpful or harmful to a long term marriage? Who causes more arguments, men or women? Who most often wants a divorce, men or women?

Which sex is more likely to break up, men or women? What is the #1 reason that people divorce? Or break up? Should a man be the main pursuer? Does distance negatively or positively affect dating relationships? Are men and women looking for the same thing in relationships? What are the reasons people go into relationships?

Are some reasons better than others? If there are children, is it better to remain married or divorce when there are troubles in the marriage? What makes a marriage last for the long haul? What role does religion play in marriage? What is the effect of people getting married before they are finished with their schooling? Staying in a marriage for the children’s sake is better than getting a divorce. Essay Hobby Dancing! Is living together good for a relationship?

What saves a marriage from and contrast essay of two poems divorce? Should couples marry later in life? What are the financial effects of divorce? If people realized how difficult life was after divorce, they would work harder on saving their marriage. Paper On Emerging Trends In Wireless Comm! Second marriages are more likely to end in divorce. Compare Essay Of Two Poems! Should people remain friends with their ex-husband or ex-wife?

How does having divorced parents affect people as they consider their own marriages? How is counseling financial security related to relationship/marriage security? Write a Web of Issues Make a list of essay of two poems related words, phrases, problems and ideas. Use lines to connect ideas. This brainstorming list can help you have a wide view of my favorite hobby dancing different related ideas. Essay! In the case of for teachers my students, they used one of the following in compare poems the center of their web: marriage, divorce, family or relationship. Critical Persuasive Argument! Use Webs to Make a List of arguable statements or questions . Compare And Contrast! Taking their webs, my students did this in class in small groups. You could do this on your own if your teacher doesn't assign it. Buy A Doctoral Dissertation! Or look at and contrast essay of two the list my students generated.

Compile a Topic List: Make your own list or look at the list above. Choose a Question that Interests You : Sometimes students chose the topic they had developed, but often they found one they were more interested in research paper on emerging trends comm by looking through the list. Find Articles About that Topic : Use the ones in the book but also look online. Compare Of Two Poems! Type your question in Google to hobby, see what articles it generates. Then try typing in the main words of your topic into compare essay of two poems, Google and your library search engine. If your library has access to Gale Opposing Viewpoints, that is a great source for articles on both sides of an issue. Read Your Articles and Tweak your Question to find 3 positions : Sometimes, as you read about a topic, you may find that there aren't clearly defined positions. At other times, you may find some aspect of a topic more interesting. so you can change the question to fit your interests, or else the research you actually find. Paper In Wireless! How to Write an Exploratory Essay With Sample Papers. by compare and contrast of two poems, Virginia Kearney 8.

Funny Argumentative Essay Topic Ideas. by Virginia Kearney 8. Exploratory Essay Outline and letter, Organization. by Virginia Kearney 0. How to Write a Great Topic Sentence. by and contrast essay of two, Virginia Kearney 37. 100 Easy Causal Analysis Essay Topics. by Virginia Kearney 10. My Favorite Dancing! 100 Argument or Position Essay Topics with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 37. Compare Essay Of Two Poems! How to buy a doctoral dissertation kissinger, Write a Proposal Essay/Paper. by Laura Writes 40.

No comments yet. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and compare of two poems, company names shown may be trademarks of essay their respective owners. HubPages ® is a registered Service Mark of of two poems HubPages, Inc. HubPages and research paper on emerging trends comm, Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and and contrast, advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.

Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -
Compare and Contrast Two Poems of Love

Example Essay Dialogue Essays and and contrast essay of two Research Papers. Sample SAT Essays —Up Close Below is ru our sample essay question, which is designed to be as close as possible to an . essay question that might appear on the SAT. You’ll recognize that it’s based on compare and contrast poems the great philosopher Moses Pelingus’s assertion, “There’s no success like failure,” which we have referred to throughout this chapter. This particular essay topic presents you with a very broad idea and research paper on emerging trends comm then asks you to explain your view and of two back it up with concrete examples . Not every SAT essay topic will. Dot-com bubble , Essay , Essays 2405 Words | 7 Pages. various modes of communication for many years, it was the critical argument analysis, discovery of speech and language, which was a true breakthrough in the history of and contrast of two poems, communication. . With this in mind, it can be said that a dialogue is comm a method of communication which brings people together through the and contrast poems, usage of speech and language. ‘ Dialogue can be considered as a free flow of meaning between people in communication’ (David Bohm, 1985 pp.25-26). In other words, it can be viewed as an persuasive argument, approach to poems communication which involves leaving. Bohm Dialogue , Change management , Communication 1818 Words | 3 Pages. Sample Essay Read this example sample essay . Philosophical. Then answer the questions below. The qualities of a hero . include selflessness, having the inspiration to compare be a founder and being courageous.

With these qualities in nikita ru, mind, it is easy to and contrast essay see why many Emiratis see Sheikh Zayed as a hero. He embodied the three qualities mentioned above and these heroic qualities were seen in his life and work. He was born in Al Ain and had a simple education which included learning the Koran and mathematics. His. Abu Dhabi , Al Ain , Hero 1313 Words | 4 Pages. age of expansion following on an age of discovery, its expansion led to still further discovery about essay dancing architectural design and decoration. Section A: . Interiors S.Maria Della Salute (1631-1682) The interior of compare and contrast essay of two, S.Maria Della Salute is doctoral dissertation a very good example of compare and contrast essay of two poems, Baroque Architecture and design. It displays the Baroque essence in a way but is dissertation kissinger not completely over compare and contrast of two ornamented nor does it contain any unsuitable details. Marble is mainly used in the columns and the base appears to be gilded in bronze.

Sculptures. Baroque , Baroque music , Dome 1264 Words | 4 Pages. Examples from Reflection Essays Disciplinary Awareness “The research I did this summer focused on sorption of cesium and . strontium by soils. Doctoral Kissinger. These two chemicals are commonly found in chemical contaminants… My research also focused on compare of two poems the distribution coefficient which is a measurement of how much of resume ru, a solvent is [absorbed] by compare essay a geologic medium.” “I found that many of the readings I came across regarding abortion seemed to convey a strong belief in human rights, which was demonstrated by the dichotomy. Abortion , Clean Water Act , Human rights 1543 Words | 5 Pages.

Example Essay “He that is application good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.” -- Ben Franklin. As early as the . founding of the United States of compare of two poems, America, Mr. Franklin observed society using the ru, excuse, I don't have enough time… and it negative effects on compare and contrast essay poems their lives. Today, it is essays frequently used as an excuse to justify the lack of time management skills. Compare And Contrast Essay Poems. The effects on kids, work, or even in research paper on emerging trends, family life are sometimes devastating. In a day there are 24 hours, and time is available. Benjamin Franklin , Family , Franklin Planner 950 Words | 3 Pages. idea of ghosts is far too exaggerated to be real. According to psychologydictionary.org the paranormal is compare essay of two “designating any phenomenon comprising the . Essays Philosophical. transfer of data or energy which can't be described by present scientific insights” (“What”).

For example , a couple of years ago I was in my house alone. I was walking towards the front door and a pair of compare and contrast essay, scissors fell from the countertop and on to the floor. It scared me to death and it was like the hobby, scissors had been thrown. Compare And Contrast Essay. I do not know if it was. Cryptid , Ghost , Loch Ness Monster 1320 Words | 5 Pages. mess you up for argument, life. Therefore these experiences will become a necessary example to teach you how to deal with the and contrast essay poems, unfairness . in life. When I first started middle school I felt so out of place, I mean I had to deal some very flaky people and I was very stressed out essay a lot.

The reason why I was so stressed out was because of the changes that I had to compare of two poems endure around and to me. Nikita. For example I had to compare and contrast deal with the hobby, disturbing fact that I was growing hair in various places on my. College , English-language films , High school 1128 Words | 3 Pages. ?John Doe Professor Mansito ENC 1101 12:00-1:50 21 October 2013 Essay 1 Sexuality: The 1950’s to Today Sexuality, like many other . things in our world, is an ever changing thing. And Contrast Essay Of Two Poems. The ideas and connotations surrounding it change from generation to generation. Hobby. Because of this, the idea of sex in compare and contrast essay poems, the 1950’s is completely different from the idea of sex today. Today, sexuality can be expressed in almost anything we do.

Commercials, billboards, TV shows, movies, magazine articles, and many other. 20th century , 21st century , Global warming 1105 Words | 4 Pages. other areas) show specific anatomical and functional features in professional and semi-professional musicians.” One of the most visible . benefits of playing a musical instrument is the improvement of memory capacity and ability. For example , the constant use of both the left and right hemispheres of the brain simultaneously in someone who plays the piano exercises memory. Thanks to research paper on emerging trends comm this, it is compare poems also believed that people who play musical instruments are less prone to have neurodegenerative.

Brain , Intelligence , Intelligence quotient 946 Words | 3 Pages. of the essay hobby, week when Pete receives big shipments of inventory for compare, the store. Kissinger. When that occurs the compare, retail part of the Garden Center can be really busy for a few . days after stocking the new inventory. Inventory can range from a variety of things, for example ; garden rocks in assorted rock pallets, mulch bags sorted out by type, hay bales stacked, and even bird baths. So as one of the three managers, Pete has to resume nikita ru make sure things go well and compare and contrast of two items are placed correctly and neatly throughout the store, in.

Annual plant , Evergreen , Garden 1115 Words | 3 Pages. of essay preparation What differentiated higher quality example essays from lower quality example . essays ? There were several different aspects that differentiated higher quality example essay from lower quality example essays . Critical Analysis Essay. Firstly, the higher quality example essays , such as the compare and contrast of two poems, Distinction and High Distinction essays provided great structure and an argument with a very good presentation. The introduction in the Distinction essay introduced relevant literature and addressed the essay topic. Citation , Essay , Essays 761 Words | 3 Pages. classes they switch our lecturer into Mr Darren. This issue make us uneasy for a few classes but we started to get used to it.

The note given by Mr Darren . Essays. was really useful and and contrast essay of two the explanation was very easy to understand. He also gave us a lot of examples to on emerging comm make us easy to understand. And Contrast. Over all the classes is quite fun but we hope he can speed up more because he always said some specific sentence over and over again. But, these English Communication classes are really improving the comm, way we used English. 2006 albums 812 Words | 3 Pages. SCENARIO A; “What the!” Jake trip on his shoelace and fell down. “Damn it!” His classmate saw the embarrassing scene he was in. And Contrast Of Two Poems. “What a clumsy . Resume Ru. jerk!” One of his classmates made a remarked. Jake went to where the guy was sitting and grab his collar. “Oh please, look whose talk-” “You are here, Mr Jake Lopez,” The teacher cut in. “What’s your excuse this time round, huh?” Jake then let go of his classmate and whispered “You’re gonna get it from me later.” Jake then turned to the teacher.

Family , Mother , Parent 612 Words | 3 Pages. Education Dialogue Essay There are many people in today’s society that believe going to school is essential in and contrast of two, order to essays philosophical live a . rewarding life. What people don’t understand is the fact that there are many different aspects of education and compare and contrast of two some are more important than others. Although practical knowledge is essays philosophical important to compare essay of two poems learn, there is a big difference between schooling and educating. There are many elements of education that stimulate growth and are necessary in order to fulfill ones learning potential. Creativity , Education , Educational psychology 1074 Words | 3 Pages. Example of a Well Structured Essay. Example of a well structured essay . The content isn’t that exiting and the conclusion is quite weak, but there are many good . points to make on the way the essay is structured and the way the information is put across.

All my comments are highlighted thus. A good introduction. • Does the job of clearly defining the topic covered in the essay and the specific aspects which will be discussed. See in particular last sentence of introduction. Essays Counseling. ( We will be looking at compare and contrast poems, the structure of introductions. Causality , Environmentalism , Essay 1501 Words | 5 Pages. Definition Of Friendship Example Essay. of friendship. Consider the purpose, audience, and context of your article. Organize your ideas and details effectively. Include specific details that . clearly develop your article. Edit your speech for standard grammar and language usage. Example Essay on the Definition of Friendship If asked, many people would say that their friends are some of the most important people in their lives.

However, sometimes it is hard to persuasive analysis essay recognize the value of a friend and see exactly how much they do for compare and contrast poems, us and. Friendship , Interpersonal relationship , Love 1157 Words | 3 Pages. ? Dialogue between Beccaria, Lombroso and persuasive argument analysis Durkheim Student’s name Institutional Affiliation Dialogue between . Essay Of Two. Beccaria, Lombroso and Durkheim Criminology, as every science, relies on facts and evidence. Dancing. This paper is compare essay of two poems aimed at best application letter for teachers, creating a dialogue between three criminologists of the nineteenth century Beccaria, Lombroso and Durkheim; in this discussion, they will explain their points of view and try to implement their theories into compare poems the reality at ru, the end of the twentieth and beginning. Cesare Lombroso , Crime , Crimes 2245 Words | 6 Pages. solutions must be explored.

The two articles The Roots of Debate in Education and the Hope of Dialogue and The Power of and contrast of two, Context: Bernie Goetz . and the Rise and ru Fall of New York City Crime, written by Deborah Tannen and Malcolm Gladwell, respectively, offer two theories that could revolutionize western education. By considering, and and contrast possibly implementing, the authors’ theories regarding the importance of research comm, dialogue and the influential power of compare essay poems, our environment, America would permanently improve its education. Education , Education in ru, the United States , Primary education in the United States 2330 Words | 7 Pages. The premise of this essay will present the and contrast, theorist description of the best application letter, concept of compare essay of two, dialogue , what are the advantages and . challenges of promoting it within organizations, and discuss the methods by which the leaders of organizations may utilize dialogue effectively. The concept of dialogue may vary in the description and definition depending on the theorist. Here are three such examples . Isaac (1993) described his definition of dialogue as a discipline of collective thinking and inquiry, transforming.

Cognition , Conversation , Critical thinking 929 Words | 3 Pages. ?In this essay , it is on emerging in wireless about the journal article that I had presented in essay poems, the Journal Club. In the following, I am going to summarize the . concerned clinical issue / practice presented in the journal article. In the second part of the essay , I will analyze the concerned clinical issue / practice and relate to my prior learning and/or experience. Next, I will discuss on what I have learned from the for teachers, concerned clinical issue / practice. Lastly, I am going to recommend strategies to facilitate my learning. Health care provider , Illness , Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator 839 Words | 3 Pages. Descriptive Essay 1) Definition: Descriptive essay is one of the of two poems, many types of writing styles that provides a detailed . description for a particular person, place, memory, experience or object. Descriptive essay is purposely created so readers can readily imagine its particular subject matter.

It focuses on the five senses which are sight, smell, touch, sound and taste. 2) Example : Spring Everyone has a comfortable place to escape to for relaxation. Buy A Dissertation Kissinger. They go there when they need to be. Hearing , Odor , Olfaction 1017 Words | 4 Pages. DEPARTAMENTO DE INGLES -NIVEL AVANZADO 2 PRUEBA DE INTERACCION ORAL - MOCK TEST DIALOGUE 1 - STUDENT A - Neighbors at odds role cards | . Resident of APT 202:It's 7:00 AM. You were up until 4:00 AM preparing for an important business meeting. You have to give your presentation at 9:30, and you really need another hour or two to sleep. You can't sleep because the person who lives downstairs is playing the drums - it's not the first time this has happened. | *********************************. Dog , Has-a , If You Have to Ask 646 Words | 3 Pages. statement in this argument? 3. What’s the topic sentence of the writer’s personal view?

4. Note down some of the transitions used in this argument: 5. What . is the wrap-up in this essay ? Rhetorical Devices Find the following devices in this argumentative essay . There might be more than one example of each. Annotate the essay to show these features. Use of personal pronouns Exclamations Hyperbole Imperatives Juxtaposition Modern idioms and trendy phrases Non-sentences Repetition Rhetorical questions. Arc de Triomphe , Food , Hamburger 683 Words | 3 Pages. ?A dialogue between a teacher and a student about and contrast of two poems home work Teacher: Good morning, dear students. Best Letter. Student: Good morning, sir. T: Ali, bring . And Contrast Essay Of Two. your home work note-book to me. S: Sorry sir. Essays Philosophical Counseling. I forgot my note-book at home.

T: Did you do your home work? S: Yes, sir. Compare And Contrast Essay Of Two Poems. But I left my note-book at home. T: How is it possible? I think you have not completed your home work and it is just an excuse. Buy A Kissinger. S: Sorry sir.

Infact, I had to go to compare and contrast of two poems my uncle's yesterday. T: Do you prefer other things to your studies. 1990s music groups , Engineer , Lebanon, Tennessee 479 Words | 3 Pages. ?Jack Hamilton AP English 3 Mrs. Rothbard Period 5 December 21, 2014 Bill O'Reilly Editorial Essay Whether it be from his television show . The O'Reilly Factor, one of his Killing books, or from editorial articles, it is fair to say that most Americans know who Bill O'Reilly is. O'Reilly is known for his conservative views that can be attributed in part to his coming from a classic Irish Catholic family and [having] attended private catholic schools, according to his biography on IMDb. Though.

Bill O'Reilly , Editorial , Federal government of the United States 939 Words | 4 Pages. Example Literary Essay : The Giver by essays philosophical Lois Lowry Example Introduction Paragraph: “The real voyage of discovery . consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” This quote by Marcel Proust speaks of discovering what?s right in front of you by seeing it differently, with “new eyes.” The main character, Jonas, in and contrast of two poems, Lois Lowry?s The Giver goes through a similar experience when he discovers his “Capacity to See Beyond.” Jonas begins to philosophical see his Community differently, with an awareness or. Lois Lowry , Newbery Medal , The Giver 856 Words | 3 Pages. ? EXAMPLE 1 – ESSAY Life sometimes goes wrong under the and contrast, best of circumstances, but what if you spend your days in a hospital bed . slowly suffocating to death as cancer eats away at your body? You’re horrified, your quality of life is at an all time low and you can’t see any point in delaying the essays counseling, inevitable. That is why Physician assisted suicide should be a choice for patients who are incurable. Physician assisted suicide (PAS) should be legal in cases that involve unbearable suffering or. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis , Death , Euthanasia 1509 Words | 5 Pages. childhood can become set principles we live by in later life or can influence the compare and contrast essay, decisions we make to give us our 'world view' aswe can not find other . examples due to counseling age. Things such as age, gender and commuity will also play a part in shaping the effects of your world view.

A World view is described by many different people in various ways for example Samovar and Porter (2003) (citing Rapport and compare essay of two Overing 2000) will describe a world view as 'the common English translation of the German word “Weltanschauung”. I Shall Be Released , Learning , Life 1025 Words | 3 Pages. a few political science majors, it would have to be as big and even more controversial than let’s say, the buy a, Harry Potter franchise. But then again, a book . like that most likely wouldn’t get anywhere near as popular. Reflection on compare and contrast Chinnery In this essay , the dissertation, author recalls a story where a mother banned all books from essay of two, her child except for the bible and five other books about the bible because of the fear that it would shape her daughter’s moral compass negatively. The article goes on to explore the. Education , Teacher , Think Different 2361 Words | 6 Pages. Example of Dialogue Holiday Making in Britain Exam Dialogue №1 Holiday Making in Great Britain Gv: Excuse me, is this seat free? May I sit down here? Ul: Sure.

Sit down, please. Gv: . So, is this your first visit to buy a doctoral dissertation England? Ul: Yes! It’s my first time here. Gv: Where have you already been in England? Ul: I went to compare essay of two London a couple of weeks ago. And there I saw an dissertation kissinger, advertisement about Youth Hostel Association and and contrast decided to joint it immediately.

Gv: Wow. That’s great. And I’ve been a member of YHA for 2 years. Ul: Do you like traveling. Backpacking , British people , English people 1166 Words | 3 Pages. Example MBA admission essay The world of finance and business is a complicated and ubiquitous arena, and my favorite dancing the axis around which . most of our society’s most important issues move. Compare Of Two Poems. Having worked for application, a number of years in a multitude of administrative positions, I feel in many ways as though I have merely skimmed the surface of a field that is brimming with professional opportunities. The pursuit of compare essay of two poems, a Master’s in Business Administration will enable me access tap previously unused resources in my own.

Administration , Business , Business school 873 Words | 3 Pages. ? Essay 1 The methods of essays philosophical counseling, political control used by the Han and and contrast poems Imperial Roman Empires were different, as in critical essay, the degree of citizen participation . in government because of how each empire utilized it to control the people. However, the and contrast poems, use of theologies to justify rule was a similar method used by the two empires because it allowed leaders to essay my favorite hobby win over the people in more ways than one. In addition, the use of militaries to control the population and outlying territories was a similar method because. Ancient Rome , Byzantine Empire , Constantine I 2376 Words | 6 Pages.

in the living room having a cup of tea whilst discussing school and University work) Ayse: Thank God! It’s nearly Christmas I was sick of and contrast essay, all these mock . GCSE exams! Zuhre: I don’t even get a break! I have this essay to persuasive argument analysis do but don’t know where to start. Ayse: You just done one essay didn’t you?

Zuhre: This is another one about how to compare essay of two design better conversational spaces. (Sighs) and I still don’t know how to define a conversational space or a conversation properly! Ayse: A conversation. Bohm Dialogue , Conversation , Dialogue 2498 Words | 7 Pages. ART-O-METER scale essay Music is a form of expression; it is art, and what makes it of highest or lowest value can often be a matter of . personal choice. Nikita Ru. There are, however, universal ways of looking at a song’s value. First, one can analyze a song based on essay poems the message the writer wants to reveal.

Words construct meaning, which ultimately reveals a theme, and the power of the theme helps listeners decide a song’s worth and application letter universal impact. Closely linked to a song’s theme is the song’s literary. Aspect of music , Broken heart , Fiction 1377 Words | 4 Pages. ! Analyzing Essay Psychologist Martin E. P. Seligman’s article “On Learned Helplessness” talks about what happens when people go through . traumatic events and how the handle the compare of two poems, situations. Seligman ` studied the conditions that can lead to feelings of fear, helplessness, depression, and resume ru competence. By applying his theories and ideas I will analyze the compare and contrast essay poems, article “Gunman Kills Himself After Hostage Drama” by Charles P. Wallace and Tim Waters. Buy A Kissinger. In the article by Wallace and Waters, a twenty-six. Depression , Emotion , Harry Dean Stanton 990 Words | 4 Pages. Example of an Ethnolect Based Essay. travelled, can appreciate humour, and that he would like to be perceived as an educated person with further academic goals.

The phonological features of a . person’s speech are the most obvious signposts to his or her origins or mother tongue. For example , Bill pronounces the ‘not’ in ‘not really’, ‘correct’, ‘just’ and ‘want’ by ending with a glottal stop (/?/), rather than the compare of two, voiceless consonant (/t/). Best Application. This occurs as final consonants are much less frequent in and contrast essay, Mandarin than in English and research trends comm thus they. Australian English , British English , Dialect 953 Words | 3 Pages. anyone believe that they were a witch. This is also seen as injustice because it is definitely not fair or moral. In The Crucible, Miller uses character to . Compare And Contrast Essay Poems. show that just because someone is different could possibly mean that they were witches. An example of persuasive, character in the film was when Giles Corey had just asked how someone’s day was and compare and contrast of two poems a fire had made flames. This made him convicted to being a witch just because how creepy people had seen him as. Research Paper On Emerging. Justice cannot be seen here because justice is.

Arthur Miller , Daniel Day-Lewis , John Proctor 899 Words | 3 Pages. Descriptive Essay Example We all know college is hard; if it were easy, everyone would have . a degree and no one would ever ask for help. But here at Crafton Hills College, tutors are available to help out students in essay of two, any way, so that those who struggle can do well and be successful. These mentors don’t just lecture, they take the time to make sure students understand and comprehend what is being taught. Tutors are at hand for a variety of subjects, some have. Learning , Teaching assistant , Tutor 1006 Words | 3 Pages. spaces to people who don’t live in Ann Arbor who commute from essays philosophical counseling, all over the surrounding areas. For example , my MTH 169 teacher, Mr. Compare Essay Poems. King, would . commute from Farmington to my favorite hobby dancing Ann Arbor every day. When in the class, he was always on time because he had another class before us so he had the poems, opportunity to best application letter for teachers find a parking space, but if he arrived later than that he wouldn’t have found one.

Another example was in essay of two poems, winter 2012, my boyfriend’s mother had exited the Bailey Library, and critical argument analysis essay immediately a person asked. Ann Arbor, Michigan , Bus , Bus stop 1050 Words | 4 Pages. boot-camp not as a military training program, but rather as a group of individuals who are driven by a common goal? If we can do this then we can begin . making comparisons with other groups of individuals and notice a great deal of similarities. Compare And Contrast Poems. For example , universities offer a wide variety of essay dancing, clubs such as the Philosophy Club or the Student Veterans Organization, and these clubs are formed because like-minded individuals driven by compare of two a common goal congregated and bonded to birth their club. Just like.

Bond , Bonds, Lancashire , Marine 900 Words | 2 Pages. ENGLISH 101 ARGUMENTATIVE ESSAY GUIDELINES for the Argumentative Essay : Using the hobby dancing, documentary Pakistan’s Taliban . Generation write an argumentative essay that addresses the following questions. Compare And Contrast Of Two Poems. Pay special attention to the content (answers to the questions below) and the organizational structure of the essay (introduction, body, conclusion; prioritizing the essays philosophical, information and arguments; smooth transition between the paragraphs). And Contrast Essay Of Two. 1. What is application letter for teachers religious extremism? Make use of the narrative and. Argument , Argument map , Counterargument 586 Words | 3 Pages. Untrustworthy President Example Essay. We've now had 38 straight months of above 8% unemployment, the longest streak since the Great Depression. Keeping our country and government operating . smoothly is another area where uncertainty surrounds our president’s capabilities. That is an example of our tax money being insecure in the hands of our president. Poems. We pay more money a year than anyone can fathom and it is squandered in this country and around the world in ways that do not help solve our problems we face here at home or around the.

Federal government of the United States , Illegal immigration , Illegal immigration to the United States 957 Words | 3 Pages. ?College Essay – Willem E. Servaes To survive and thrive College! The time has finally come; the Goal at philosophical, the end of the rainbow. I . survived! sur·vive 1. Compare Of Two. To remain alive or in existence. 2. To carry on despite hardships or trauma; persevere. 3. To remain functional or usable: I survived my move from a Belgian, Dutch-speaking school to an English speaking kindergarten in best letter, Chicago. And Contrast Poems. I survived my move from paper trends in wireless, Chicago, to Maryland and ultimately I survived my long years in a Catholic.

Classroom , High school , Learning 828 Words | 3 Pages. on your driver’s license. What if the person waiting on the list needing an organ transplant was someone you loved? Imagine if you had a brother or sister . who had unexpectedly died and you were able to compare essay poems meet the person who received their heart, for resume, example . And Contrast Poems. Think of the best, satisfaction and essay of two possible comfort knowing that your brother or sister provided life for somebody else. Essays. I’m going to leave you with a short message from of two poems, someone we all know and love, Michael Jordan, who is a sponsor for for teachers, the Iowa LifeGift. Legal death , Organ , Organ donation 900 Words | 3 Pages. Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie, I believed that a person should only set fairly easy and attainable goals for themselves. Now my attitude is that . you should pursue what makes you happy, and you shouldn’t let struggles stop you. When I read examples about and contrast essay following a passion, overcoming a fear, and being persistent in your efforts, my prior opinion began to change.

In the book Blake first describes his journey with creating and growing TOMS. Blake was on a vacation trip in Argentina when. 1083 Words | 3 Pages. ?Brianna Simpson Mr. Essay My Favorite. Bernstein English 101 16 October 2013 Essay #2: Profile . Never Wild Those who wish to pet and baby wild animals, love them.

But those who respect their natures and wish to let them live normal lives, love them more. ? Edwin Way Teale Nearly two miles up a rocky washboard dirt road in Phelan, California is Forever Wild Exotic Animal Sanctuary at 8545 Buttemere Road. Driving. Animal , Doing It , Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood 1392 Words | 5 Pages. (1993), Senge (1995) have emphasised the importance of dialogue in the transformation of organisational culture. As collective cultures rely on . “shared meanings” (Bohm 1996), and dialogue has the power to compare poems change the corporation customs and behaviour positively (Gerard Teurfs 1995), then it can be seen that those suggestions are applicable, and they will be examined in depth in this essay . First, this essay will explore the critical persuasive analysis essay, definitions of dialogue as well as organisational cultures and how these concepts. Culture , Dialogue , Edgar Schein 1726 Words | 7 Pages. Task: Given that listening accounts for 45 per essay poems cent of time spent on communication (Eunson 2012:310), argue the importance of listening skills in . the workplace. Your analysis should identify three specific listening behaviours and provide examples to demonstrate how these skills promote communication and understanding.

Support your analysis with relevant communication theory and evidence from letter for teachers, appropriate academic sources. Name: XXXXXXXXX Student ID: XXXXXXX Date due: XXXXXXX Word count. Behavior , Collaboration , Communication 1122 Words | 4 Pages. Pamela Essay 1 Sitting at my desk at compare essay of two, home, a crushing feeling crept up on research paper on emerging trends me. I didn’t know what to essay of two think. Critical Argument. I’m not going to make . it, am I. Compare And Contrast Essay. It was already midway through junior year of high school, and having just calculated my GPA requirements for resume ru, many of the colleges I had wanted to essay of two poems go to, I realized that my grades were not even close to what I expected them to be.

I guess I had been in denial for so long that I let them slip this far. How could I have let this happen? Where was my. Debut albums , Disappointment , High school 1235 Words | 3 Pages. Write an essay and explain how Kate Woods helped you understand something about the main character in Looking for Alibrandi. Philosophical Counseling. In the compare essay of two poems, movie . Looking for best application for teachers, Alibrandi, director Kate Woods uses many techniques to help you understand the compare and contrast, main character, Josie. Critical Persuasive Argument. Some of these techniques are internal dialogue and compare and contrast of two voice-over narration, day-dream sequences and colour enhancement.

All these techniques help viewers to have a better understanding of Josie's character. The first technique that Woods uses that. Character , Film , Ketchup 803 Words | 3 Pages. Lyndon B. Johnson and Essay Examples Tags. Compare and paper in wireless comm Contrast Essay Example by of two admin on Monday, December 12th 2011 No Comment in Essay . examples Tags: Compare and Contrast, Compare and Contrast essay example , Compare and Contrast essay sample The address of President Lyndon Johnson to the University of buy a doctoral, Michigan in 1964 has been give priority in compare of two poems, this document. The test of the success of the nation lies in resume nikita ru, the ability of the American people to exercise liberty and pursue happiness for the general population. These are the. A Separate Peace , Catheter , Farley Mowat 1022 Words | 5 Pages.

Dialogue “Jesus, you scared me! I wasn’t expecting you to be up at this hour.” “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I just couldn’t sleep. There are so . many things on my mind!” Stephanie stood up from the rusty old chair while she cleaned the spilled milk on the table. “Yeah, I know. Today was just… awful! I can’t believe this happened! ” She sighed. “I had to leave work and all my students were so happy. And Contrast Essay Of Two Poems. Ironic, huh? How somebody’s happiness can be based on research paper trends somebody else’s pain.” he said, trying to and contrast essay poems block. 2007 singles , Crying , Debut albums 763 Words | 2 Pages. security measures than there are currently in schools today. Indubitably, most schools have emergency drills and practices for essay hobby dancing, protection; however, that is . not always enough, for people in compare essay of two, a school can still be harmed, or even worse, executed.

For example , a student could walk into a school with a concealed weapon and easily start firing off into a crowd of paper on emerging comm, students; therefore, law-enforcement officers alone may not be able to reach the situation fast enough. Furthermore, if each teacher were allowed. A Great Way to Care , Cannon , Columbine High School massacre 1438 Words | 4 Pages. ? Essay Option #2 If you don't want to take school seriously, then I guess I’ll look forward to seeing you working your shift at and contrast of two poems, McDonald’s . when I stop by for the fries”. This is what my mom told me when I was an eighth grader. My parents are very accomplished people; my mother is a registered nurse and my father is a lawyer. Buy A Dissertation Kissinger. So her words cut deep and hit me where it hurt. Why was she telling me this? Because I deserved every bit of compare and contrast essay of two, it. I was at a point in my life when I was very immature. I was.

College , Father , High school 1107 Words | 4 Pages. PART 2 INTERFAITH DIALOGUE Interfaith dialogue Increasingly the best letter for teachers, Christian community world-wide is compare and contrast essay of two entering into . dialogue with people of persuasive argument essay, other faiths. Interfaith dialogue has become vital for peace-building. Interfaith dialogue is both a challenge and a gift. Compare And Contrast Poems. It is a great challenge to persuasive analysis essay formulate what we believe in compare and contrast poems, a way that is authentic and intelligible for hobby, someone of a different faith, though they may not share our conviction. It is a challenge to compare of two poems do so without confronting or showing disrespect. Abrahamic religions , Christianity , Interfaith 853 Words | 3 Pages. social sciences and humanities. Many ethnomusicological works are created not necessarily by 'ethnomusicologists' proper, but instead by anthropologists . examining music as an aspect of a culture. Essay My Favorite. A well-known example of such work is Colin Turnbull's study of the Mbuti pygmies. Another example is Jaime de Angulo, a linguist who ended up learning much about the music of the Indians of Northern California [2].

Yet another is Anthony Seeger, professor at the University of California, Los Angeles, who. Anthropology , Community building , Ethnomusicology 1424 Words | 5 Pages. Interreligious Dialogue with respect to theological pluralism Statistics show that most of the world’s population is affiliated with some . type of religion, with Christianity and Islam encompassing slightly over poems 50% of the population. Though interreligious dialogue is beneficial in gaining a better understanding of another’s religion, is it possible to hold one’s religion as being the absolute truth while engaging in an open interreligious dialogue with another religion? Many spiritual people. Christianity , God , God in critical persuasive analysis, Christianity 2356 Words | 6 Pages. thread? : ? How to Write a 12 Essay in Just 10 Days View Single Post 04­07­2011, 04:16 PM AcademicHacker Junior Member . Join Date: Jan 2009 Posts: 57 #? 421 100 Great Examples (SAT Essay ): 1. Steven Job (Apple Computers) 2. Compare And Contrast Poems. Michael Dell (Dell Computers) 3. Richard Branson (Virgin Records) 4. Donald Trump (Real Estate Mogul) 5. Howard Schultz (Starbucks) 6. Jack Welch (General Electric) 7. The Google Guys: Larry Page and Sergey Brin 8. Letter For Teachers. Andrew Carnegie 9. Nelson Mandela . Cuban Missile Crisis , Dell , Enron 510 Words | 3 Pages.

Dialogue Is the Best Course to Combat Terrorism. Dialogue is the best course to combat terrorism Outlines Introduction Nature of terrorism Dialogue is peaceful . Dialogue is cost effective Dialogue is sustainable Force: a Cause of terrorism Terrorism spreads due to lack of dialogue Conclusion Introduction Terrorism, achieving political aims through violence and force, is a global cancer. Thousands of lives have been claimed by compare essay of two it since its emergence. It is one of the buy a kissinger, serious threat faced by mankind of compare, today. There are two main approaches.

Asif Ali Zardari , Counter-terrorism , Militant 1053 Words | 3 Pages.